08 November 2006

It's Sad, Really

When you can’t remember one of the punchlines of your often-told tale … when you don’t get the hint your best friend leaves in your comment box … when you have to call her to find out what the heck she’s talking about.

So … let’s back up a few hours, back to the Nureyev story below. I forgot to include:

A lesbian couple was sitting next to us. As Rudolph’s hole grew larger, one of them leaned over and said, “Damn, even I’m getting hot.”

Thank you, Renae.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 11/09/2006 09:39:00 AM, Blogger Old Lady said...

I have always wanted to see Nureyev with Dame Fontaine live. I have seen them often on TV. Nureyev is the danseur of all time. While Nijinski was ground breaking and Baryshnikov is excellent, I have seen no man dance with the strength and grace of Nereyev. He was born to it as they say. He did not begin training until he was 17! He had that je ne sais quoi.

 
At 11/09/2006 09:02:00 PM, Blogger Dale said...

The Nureyev of those lesbians is funny too!

 
At 11/09/2006 09:49:00 PM, Blogger Cup said...

PATRICK: I'm still pissed that I ruined the telling.

OLD LADY: Wouldn't that have been a show! He was amazing.

DALE: I think that's the best sentence I've read all week.

 
At 11/09/2006 10:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee! Wow! Respect! You've seen both Nureyev and Baryshnikov dance live!

 
At 11/10/2006 01:12:00 PM, Blogger Cup said...

Shower me with respect, ma'am. I've seen Baryshnikov three or four times -- once with Mark Morris' White Oak Project (*swoon*), and another time he danced Twyla Tharp's Frank Sinatra suite (more *swoon*).

 
At 11/10/2006 05:03:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

'k. You can just stop now! :P

I'm still kicking myself for not going to see Mark Morris' project (he wasn't dancing, his troupe was) when they were through here a while ago.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats