10 October 2007

I Come to You on Bended Finger

You’ve seen the pink ribbons, you’ve heard the pleas. October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and many of our beloved bloggers are doing their part to raise funds for breast cancer research. The Pugged cousin recently completed the Breast Cancer 2 Day, walking thirty miles and raising more than $1,000. Blogging lovelies Tenacious S and Lulu are touting their assets again at Boobie-Thon (boys, if you haven't visited this site, you must ... away from the office, of course).

Now it’s my turn.

I’m lacin’ ‘em up and walkin’ for a cure. I’ve signed up for the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer three-mile walk — Saturday morning, October 27. Yeah, I know; the cousin lapped me ten times — but I’m older than she is. And I showed my cleavage last year.

Here’s where you come in.

I’m taking advantage of our virtual friendship and begging for donations. I want to match Marni’s $1,000. Give a little, give a lot; every dime helps. I promise to make you proud. And I'll give you all the props this blog will allow.

Click here if you wish to donate to my cause.

Cancer is a big concern in my family, so this is important to me. We lost my dad to liver cancer two years ago. My sister-in-law (so far, successfully) battled breast cancer. My great-aunt had breast cancer, and eventually died from another form of cancer. My mother’s mother and grandmother both succumbed to cancer. It’s a horrible disease — so we need to grab every opportunity to fight back.

If you're in the Atlanta area, join me at the walk! Or sponsor someone in your town. Just do something.

* * * * * *

Labels: , ,

16 Comments:

At 10/10/2007 08:18:00 PM, Blogger SkylersDad said...

We just ran the Race for the Cure here in Denver. Over 65,000 folks, it was amazing!

 
At 10/10/2007 11:25:00 PM, Blogger paperback reader said...

Unfortunately, right now, Sallie Mae owns me. But when I get that bitch back, I'm totally supporting the cause.

This year, I just wrote a post full of boob jokes, which is like support - specifically, the crappy, unhelpful kind.

Well done to you, however, and it's nice to see you back.

 
At 10/11/2007 12:24:00 AM, Blogger Eebie said...

Your friends both have a nice pair ... I give every year but this year with the blogs and the titties out, I'm not sure if its any different than going to Scores (the strip club), either way it seems like $20 for hanging the hooters out.

 
At 10/11/2007 07:28:00 AM, Blogger DaBich said...

Hopefully all your technical glitches are all worked out. I missed you!

Good luck with the walk for the cure. Cancer is indeed a dirty word.

 
At 10/11/2007 07:45:00 AM, Blogger Cup said...

SKYLERS DAD: I bet that was a fantastic race!

PISTOLS AT DAWN: Are you gonna posts your boob jokes? I hope so. And I'm glad to be back.

EEBIE: But at least you don't walk out with a hangover. (P.S. Thanks!)

DABICH: The walk will be fun; I'm looking forward to it. Looks like the technical glitches have smoothed out, and we'll be back to Mix Tape Friday tomorrow!

 
At 10/11/2007 11:39:00 AM, Blogger Coffeypot said...

Hooter heaven! Thanks, ladies.

Now, if they ever have a “beer belly-thon” I will enter my photo.

 
At 10/11/2007 04:30:00 PM, Blogger Boldly Serving Up Wheat Grass said...

Here at Horn Dog Enterprises, boobie-thon type sites are considered business.

 
At 10/11/2007 04:46:00 PM, Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

You and your bossom will totally rule, I just know it!

I'm been supporting some runners here. We'll fight this thing!

 
At 10/11/2007 06:55:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I missed the deadline for the race here in Philly. :-( I'm gonna have to start a new "Rack Pack" here in next year with my fellow survivor who is also my sister. My sister and I plan on crashing it in May anyway! The pledge is ON!

 
At 10/11/2007 07:05:00 PM, Blogger Mike Lewis said...

Hooray for your participation...

Hooray for boobies!

A noble cause indeed...

Don't pull a hammy!

 
At 10/11/2007 09:23:00 PM, Blogger Dale said...

Off you go Missy. Hope you make your goal and beyond.

 
At 10/12/2007 12:38:00 AM, Blogger paperback reader said...

Oh, I've done already posted my boob jokes. I am a great hero to the people.

 
At 10/12/2007 01:25:00 AM, Blogger Joe said...

Great job! God Bless.

 
At 10/12/2007 09:07:00 AM, Blogger Erik Donald France said...

Come payday, I'll make a little donation ;)

We're having a similar event in Detroit.

And I'll have to check out the "presentations" once I'm away from work ;)

 
At 10/13/2007 02:36:00 PM, Blogger Katie Schwartz said...

donate! donate! donate! This is important to bethy and she's sooooo close. give a few bucks. be a mensch.

 
At 10/15/2007 08:25:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job! God may Bless

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats