19 March 2006

So, it seems I’m the town whore

My morning DJs recently talked about a therapist’s book on infidelity. This guy claims that someone who has lunch or cocktails … or enjoys a movie or deep conversations … or shares jokes and e-mails with a member of the opposite sex is cheating on the significant other, committing emotional infidelity. It’s what broke up Brad and Jennifer, you know. If that’s true, then I was an emotional infidel with five men last week.

Ugh. I’ve dealt with this crap since Carl Fuqua and I shared a locker our senior year in high school. I’ve been hated by wives and girlfriends for 30 years. Why can’t a man and woman be friends without becoming sexual suspects?

I love my male friends — straight/gay, married/single, young/old, geeky/cool, arty/corporate — I collect them all. I prefer them to most women I know, which is probably why I have just a handful of great girlfriends. My guys are straightforward, honest and fun, and there in a flash when I need them. (BTW, thanks to Paul and Francesco for their technical assistance when I started my blog.)

Now, you know I love you dearly, but there’s no romance, no sexual tension between us, right? My heart’s taken. OK, so maybe we flirt a bit at times — but who doesn’t enjoy the occasional harmless, witty flirt? Are we having an emotional affair, or enjoying a good friendship? Should I think twice before joining you for Mexican food or sharing our frustrations?

To hell with M. Gary Neuman and his emotional infidelity. Let’s grab a beer and bitch about the opposite sex.

* * * * * *

Labels: , , , ,

14 Comments:

At 3/19/2006 11:40:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Char and I need to come up with some gimmicky piece of pop psychology and get out of this rat race for good.

 
At 3/19/2006 01:00:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm. That might just be a marketable concept. --We'll cut you in for a percentage.

 
At 3/19/2006 01:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please tell me I did not just read
..."Cox Chambers" and "town whore" within reference to yourself within 8 hours. Would these be hallucinations or ellusions of grandeur? However intedended...FUNNIEEEEE!

 
At 3/19/2006 01:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoops...make that INTENDED...

 
At 3/19/2006 01:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

now let's put one L in ellusions.

I'll keep funnieeeee though.

Promise to leave your blog forever now but some things are just too funnieeeee!

 
At 3/19/2006 05:08:00 PM, Blogger a said...

Damn that author. What the hell does he know? That guy has got the stick so far up there, he can't tell what's sin or innocent.

BTW, I'm impressed you have the map thingy up and running! Way to go girlie!

 
At 3/19/2006 05:14:00 PM, Blogger Cup said...

Paulie recommended and e-walked me through adding ClustrMap. I had a South American hit!

 
At 3/20/2006 08:42:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you get freckles by just flirting with your male friends?

 
At 3/20/2006 10:50:00 AM, Blogger Cup said...

Why do you think I'm such a freckled marvel, Randy?

 
At 3/20/2006 11:18:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not jealous of your freckles, I am jealous of the speed at which you can read......

 
At 3/20/2006 12:00:00 PM, Blogger Cup said...

Ah, you blonde, blue-eyed beauties and your disdain for my cute, well-earned freckles. ;^p

 
At 3/20/2006 10:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that author sounds like the kind of guy who wants his woman to walk two steps behind him and a step to the left. i'll bet he doesn't get many dates.

 
At 3/21/2006 04:58:00 PM, Blogger Cup said...

No, that's Richard Thompson, back when he was married to and recording with Linda Thompson.

 
At 11/11/2009 03:39:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

徵信協會 , 徵信協會 , 徵信協會 , 徵信公會 , 徵信協會 , 徵信協會 , 徵信協會 , 徵信協會 , 徵信協會 , 徵信協會 , 徵信協會 , 徵信協會 , 徵信協會 , 徵信協會 , 徵信協會 , 徵信協會 , 徵信協會 , 徵信協會 , 徵信協會 , 徵信協會 , 劈腿 , 劈腿 , 劈腿 , 劈腿 , 劈腿 , 劈腿 , 劈腿 , 劈腿 , 劈腿 , 劈腿 , 劈腿 , 劈腿 , 劈腿 , 劈腿 , seo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats