17 May 2006

Craigslist Connects

The coolest thing happened today. I went on craigslist last night to look for some sold-out concert tickets. Saw the price I wanted, sent the e-mail, and waited. First thing this morning, I get an e-mail: sold. Damn. I then noticed from his e-mail address that he works in my industry. Ours is a little-known industry in the area; you almost have to work in it to know we exist. So I replied and told him where I work. We e-mailed back and forth today, talking about our industry (we’re both professional anomalies in our companies), music, where we grew up, things like that. And then I mentioned the great love of my life — which, dear readers, you know is R.E.M. — and damn if he doesn’t know someone who works for them! He sent me this photo as proof (I cropped out most of his face for this post):


Notice the engraving on the Grammy … the MTV Moon Man award in the background … the framed CDs … he’s in their freakin’ office, holding their Best Alternative Album Grammy for Out of Time!!!! So damn cool; he's my new hero. I may have to milk New Industry Buddy for all he’s worth so that he can help me fulfill my life’s dream to be Peter Buck’s best friend.

He seems like a pretty interesting guy. And you know I can never have too many male buddies for e-mail chatting (although you'll always be #1, Paulie).

Anyway, it was a great distraction on a crappy day. Damn, I love the Internet.


* * * * * *

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 5/17/2006 09:07:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's pretty awesome! (And thanks for the endorsement!)

 
At 5/17/2006 09:51:00 PM, Blogger Marni said...

You know, just when you are down and out, something always happens to perk you up! That rocks! I hope your dream comes true!

 
At 5/18/2006 03:11:00 PM, Blogger Moderator said...

A guy I used to be in a band with was hanging outside the Metro in Chicago and guess who came out the side door? Peter Buck and Peter Himmalman or whomever. He smoked a cigarette with them and they took off. That guy is now some big-wig attorney in San Francisco.

 
At 5/19/2006 01:23:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's cool!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats