09 May 2006

What a finale!

I love Gilmore Girls.* It’s one of three or four shows I never miss. I like the snappy dialog and pop-culture references. I like the characters, the story lines, the music. I want to live in Stars Hollow. One of town’s biggest selling points is the town’s troubadour, played by the wonderful Grant-Lee Phillips; I need to live in a town that has a troubadour performing in the town square. Grant-Lee’s troubadourness played a role in tonight’s season finale. If you love music, I hope you caught the show.

The back story: Neil Young’s road manager heard the town’s troubadour playing, so he hired him to open on Neil’s tour. That news brought troubadours far and wide to Stars Hollow to play and get noticed — and they were played by some of the greats. Thurston Moore and Kim Gordon, with daughter Coco (Pitchfork has photos)! Sam Phillips (who performs a lot of the show’s tunes)! Yo La Tengo! Joe Pernice! There were more musicians, but these are the artists I recognized from my playlists.

Oh, yeah, and things aren't going well with Lorelai and Luke, and she may have slept with Christopher.

I’ll miss my Tuesday night TV-fest for the next few months — but what a great way to end the season.

*And Yo La Tengo's James McNew agrees with me.

* * * * * *

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 5/10/2006 11:45:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn it! I love Sonic Youth, but the wife was watching that Idol crap ...

 
At 5/10/2006 10:34:00 PM, Blogger Cup said...

It was a very cool episode.

 
At 5/10/2006 11:34:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads-up; caught my 'Tengo!

 
At 5/14/2006 09:18:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

amen, sister!

 
At 5/25/2006 01:58:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

 
At 5/25/2006 02:33:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

 
At 5/25/2006 02:45:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats