02 May 2006

I Can Sleep Peacefully Tonight

I love Keef madly, so show some respect and pray for his speedy recovery ...

WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) — Keith Richards has been released from a New Zealand hospital where the Rolling Stones guitarist was admitted with a head injury after he reportedly fell out of a palm tree.

Richards, 62, suffered a mild concussion while on vacation in Fiji Thursday. Several Australian and New Zealand media outlets reported the fall from the tree.

New Zealand's Sunday Star-Times also reported that Richards got on a Jet Ski after the fall and had another accident.

Richards was treated in a Fiji hospital before being airlifted to Auckland's Ascot Hospital for observation. It was not immediately clear exactly when he was released or where he went afterward.

"I can categorically confirm Mr. Richards ... is no longer a patient in this hospital," hospital duty manager Geoff Sparks told The Associated Press on Tuesday. "He has been discharged."

Band spokeswoman Fran Curtis has said only that Richards was injured earlier this week and flown to New Zealand with his wife, Patti, for observation. Her statement Saturday did not comment on Richards' condition or how he was injured.

Richards and his wife were staying at the exclusive Wakaya Club resort on a small Fijian island when he was injured.

* * * * * *

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 5/03/2006 12:32:00 PM, Blogger Jeremy said...

There are just too many comments to make on this one, so I'll just leave it alone.

 
At 5/03/2006 01:14:00 PM, Blogger Cup said...

He rocks. He rolls. He's a good husband. He gives Mick shit. What's not to love?

 
At 5/03/2006 04:41:00 PM, Blogger Jeremy said...

I'll open myself up for all kinds of hate with this one, but the Stones are god awful. I mean truly horrible. Paint It Black is one of the few songs I actually like and I absolutely can not listen to anything that's come out in the last two decades. They need to join Aerosmith for a long walk off a short pier. Wow. I just totally crapped all over one of your likes. I apologize. The internet is great that way.

Begin hate now.

 
At 5/03/2006 05:12:00 PM, Blogger Cup said...

Well, they're no Morrissey ... but I love the Stones. Aerosmith bores me, except for "Toys in the Attic." The Stones were brilliant in the 1960s and 1970s, and some of their later work isn't bad.

And I could never hate you, Jeremy; I even forgave you for the Stipe blasphemy on your blog a few months ago.

 
At 5/25/2006 02:34:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

 
At 5/25/2006 02:58:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats