20 April 2006

Renae Edge, artist

Renae (my oldest friend in the world) had her first one-woman show last fall, for a series of abstract photographs she shot last summer. She (quite deservedly) continues to get a lot of attention for this series.

Renae has an online gallery. Take the time to view each series of her online portfolio. Her work is truly amazing.

This piece will be in the 57th annual Art of the Northeast juried exhibition, in New Canaan, Connecticut:

Untitled (Ribbons 50605152)

The Silvermine Guild is a well-established, well-known guild; the show was juried by Ben Barzune, who's a partner in a New York City gallery that represents the likes of Milton Avery and Helen Frankenthaler. Renae also has a piece in an upcoming show in Connecticut. Our girl has hit the big time.


Renae Edge, at her show last November

I am so damn proud of Renae! She just got back into photography about a year ago, maybe two. Her goal was to produce great work and be accepted as an artist, and it looks like she's there. Her determination and self-confidence — and, of course, her creativity and artistic vision — continue to inspire me. And her work is beautiful, amazing, unique. I have one piece hanging over my sofa, and it's my most valued piece. I hope to have a wall of Edges by the end of the year.

* * * * * *

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At 4/20/2006 09:15:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aren't you the sweetest thing?

After 20 years I finally got the courage to show anyone anything thanks in so many ways to my very good friends who always nudged and supported me. You should have put a photo up of you and me at the opening up here in Connecticut last November.

And just a minor correction, the Silvermine Guild is in New Canaan, CT and the juror is from NYC. Don't want those New Canaanites to get upset. Those are the old stomping grounds of the likes of Martha Stewart and David Letterman.

 
At 4/20/2006 10:06:00 PM, Blogger Jeremy said...

That's super cool. Congrats to Beth's friend Renae.

 
At 4/21/2006 06:57:00 PM, Blogger a said...

Woo hoo Renae! I'm so proud AND jealous at the same time! =)

 
At 4/22/2006 10:37:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow--I know a famous photographer!
AND I know her famous author husband! Renae, lets convince Beth to right that novel now..
And Renae at the risk of sounding TOO interested, you look really hot in that photo, I hadn't seen that one!

 
At 4/24/2006 12:33:00 PM, Blogger Scrivener said...

Ain't it nice to be friends with artists? I like that photo you include in this post.

 
At 4/24/2006 01:31:00 PM, Blogger Cup said...

The entire series is beautiful, Scrivener. I keep after Renae about starting a Web site to show off her work; maybe this summer (she's a professor like you, and will have the summer off).

 
At 7/12/2007 01:32:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Renae!

It's your old roommate, Angela. I'm thrilled to hear that you are getting back into photography, and even more thrilled that your work is getting attention. I hope to see some of your works (and you!) one of these days. Take care.

P.S. I live in Lexington, KY.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats