24 April 2006

Who needs April in Paris when you can spend it in Atlanta?

Well, I would like to spend April in Paris … but I sure don’t mind spending it in Atlanta. What a fantastic, beautiful spring weekend we had! I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. This has been one of the prettiest springs I can remember. I keep meaning to take my digital camera with me when I head intown; the azaleas and blooming trees are breathtaking, a riot of color. There aren’t many places as beautiful as Atlanta in April — not even Paris.

There was a wild thunderstorm late Friday night. I love curling up in bed when there’s a thunderstorm raging outside; I feel both safe and excited. I opened up my plantation shutters and windows so that I could lie in bed and watch the thunderbolts and listen to the rain. A couple of bolts hit nearby, lighting up the entire sky. Finally dozed off to the sound and smell of the heavy spring rain.

Went to a matinee of “American Dreamz” with my mom and sister on Saturday. Good, funny satire; review to come.

One of my favorite out-of-towners surprised me with a weekend visit, so we spent every possible moment outdoors — patio beers, neighborhood strolls, lazy drives. We had a wonderful time; I could use two solid weeks like that.

Here are a couple of photos from my townhouse windows. Notice how green it is and what great flowers I have outside my place. Most of the azalea blooms didn’t make it through the storm, but the wild roses are still blooming.


Otto in the living room window.

Maggie looking out the front window.

Too bad I had to come to work today. I need to concentrate on my lotto-winning retirement plan.

* * * * * *

Labels: , , , , ,

12 Comments:

At 4/24/2006 04:47:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are correct on both counts. Springtime in Georgia is a beautiful place. I also agree with you " who needs France".

 
At 4/24/2006 04:54:00 PM, Blogger Cup said...

Oh, I need France, Mr. CHS.

Why don't you send me photos of spring at the lake?

 
At 4/24/2006 08:44:00 PM, Blogger a said...

Yeah, spring in ATL has been good so far. My trees have bloomed, and everything is a vivid green. It's very peaceful and comforting (before the kids come out to play).

'To looks as if he's about to strike! That Magster seems to be in heaven watching kitty TV I'm sure.

 
At 4/24/2006 10:00:00 PM, Blogger Jeremy said...

Well, you coul've spent your time trying to install freedom doors before the thunderstorms actually hit. On two separate days.

Is Otto a Maine Coon? He has the same characteristics as tybee.

 
At 4/24/2006 10:03:00 PM, Blogger Cup said...

Yep, Otto is a Maine Coon -- or most of his DNA is. He has the fur between his paws, the little tufts on the tips of his ears, the M marking above his eyes. Dan has his nephew, Max, who's much darker. That feline family is one of the sweetest, most personable ones we've known. I'd love to see a photo of Tybee.

 
At 4/24/2006 10:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like your spring is much nicer than ours here in L.A. so far. We haven't gotten out of the mid-60s yet. --And of course any post is brightened by the presence of kitty pictures!

 
At 4/24/2006 10:31:00 PM, Blogger Jeremy said...

Ask and you shall receive. I just threw this together real quick, so no critical reviews of the page layout:
Str8jacket Cats

 
At 4/24/2006 10:34:00 PM, Blogger Cup said...

Tybee does look like one of Otto's relatives. And Milo's still kicking! How's he doing? I remember him being quite the character, quite a Simpson.

 
At 4/24/2006 10:37:00 PM, Blogger Jeremy said...

It's one big happy family over here. We had another Maine Coon before Tybee. Unfortunately, Dookpaw died the day after we brought Allister home from the hospital. How's that for a bittersweet home coming? Now it's those three, Brooklyn (the 80 pound sloppy wet tongue of doggy love), and the 13 fish. I should charge admission.

I'm off to bed. Nighty night folks.

 
At 4/25/2006 06:07:00 AM, Blogger AJ ! Serendipity !!! said...

otto and maggie r so cute.
hmm nice pics
u seem to hav had a lot of fun

 
At 4/25/2006 10:27:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeremy, what a cool bunch of laid back kitties you have!

 
At 4/26/2006 02:23:00 PM, Blogger Jeremy said...

Oh yeah, laid back. You're not over here hanging out in the downstairs lounge when it sounds like Jurassic Park upstairs as all three of them haul ass about the house. The big, dumb dog is more subtle than those crazy cats.

But they are pretty cool cats.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats