22 June 2006

Music Really Does Soothe the Savage Beast

Long line at Starbucks this morning, but they’re playing R&B, so I don’t mind waiting. Aretha is singing “Respect,” and my left foot is tapping out the beat. My leg gets into it, then my hips. My shoulders are dancing as I start (quietly) singing along.

Place my order as The Jackson 5’s “ABC” begins. I dance-walk to the order pick-up table, and start singing, tapping, and dancing in place. A college girl walks up: “I’m singing, too. May I join you?” So, we sing and sway and entertain the bux for a couple of minutes.

I arrive at the office a littler less grumpy, with a soulful bounce in my step.

Now it’s lunchtime. Walk down to the building cafeteria to grab a sandwich. “Lady Marmalade” starts, as do I. The toe-tapping, the shoulder dancing, the singing. My New Orleans-bred CEO is in front of me, and he joins in.

I am a walking Ellen Degeneres commercial. But my mood’s a helluva lot better. I’m a deep one, aren’t I?

* * * * * *

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At 6/22/2006 12:50:00 PM, Blogger Marni said...

And I just bought Ron White's You Can't Fix Stupid and laughed so hard I was screaming! Music and comedy - a good remedy for ANY bad day.

 
At 6/22/2006 02:05:00 PM, Blogger barista brat said...

that's what i love about good music - it can totally help pull you out of a bad mood.

and it's the first time i've heard someone LIKE the music at bux, haha!

 
At 6/22/2006 03:20:00 PM, Blogger Moderator said...

I should make you one of my mix tapes!

 
At 6/22/2006 06:27:00 PM, Blogger Cup said...

MARNI: Turned my day around.

BRAT: This was one of the few good music mornings for my bux ... y'all need to rock a little more.

GRANT MILLER: You should have! Get started on that, OK?

 
At 6/23/2006 02:01:00 PM, Blogger Jeremy said...

It's like living in that Bjork video for It's Oh So Quiet.

 
At 6/23/2006 02:16:00 PM, Blogger Cup said...

I love Bjork and "It's Oh So Quiet."

 
At 8/21/2006 07:47:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's savage BREAST not beast :)

 
At 8/21/2006 07:50:00 PM, Blogger Cup said...

And savage that breast is, shy one ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats