31 August 2006

I Fell in Love Today

I picked up the new Bob Dylan album, Modern Times, during this morning’s Starbucks run. And I can’t. Stop. Listening to it. If you like Dylan … great songwriting … folk music … Americana … rockabilly … get it today. It’s brilliant. Of course it is; it’s Bob Dylan.


And I’m not the only one tooting the Dylan horn:
Rolling Stone
Entertainment Weekly
Prefix
Blender
Pitchfork

What are you waiting for? Get out there and pick it up today. Let it be your soundtrack for the Labor Day weekend. You’ll thank me on Tuesday.

Don't trust me? Here's a sample:


Upload music at Bolt

Still not convinced? Here's another:


Upload music at Bolt

* * * * * *

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At 8/31/2006 08:14:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bux has it? Hmmm...maybe I'll go inside instead of Drive Through tomorrow.

Hey! Aren't you supposed to be at Bruce Cockburn? I'm sure you're having a great time - you'll have to post your review.

Did you get the e-mail 'bout Wes coming near you? Is Decatur near you? You'll love him. You should go. September 3!

 
At 8/31/2006 10:06:00 PM, Blogger Old Lady said...

Been waiting for that one!!!

 
At 8/31/2006 10:45:00 PM, Blogger Dale said...

I gave it a listen and you know, not so bad considering I haven't much cared for Bob in the past.

 
At 9/01/2006 12:55:00 AM, Blogger Cup said...

GLASSMEOW: I was quite excited to grab my triple grande nonfat latte AND the Dylan CD. And I listened to it all day long ... not a single R.E.M. tune. (BTW, I posted this just before I left to see the brilliant Mr. Cockburn, so that I could spread the Dylan word while enjoying the Cockburn ones.)

OLD LADY: Go buy it. TODAY. You'll enjoy it.

DALE: Ah, we finally have a musical disconnect. Will we get through this bump in the audio road?

 
At 9/01/2006 08:11:00 AM, Blogger Dale said...

It's just my way of saying you're not perfect Beth. :-)

 
At 9/01/2006 08:14:00 AM, Blogger Cup said...

Dammit! I thought I had you fooled ...

 
At 9/02/2006 10:16:00 AM, Blogger Dale said...

It's okay Beth, there's so much other brilliance shining through, I've almost forgotten already. See my reaction to Bruce Cockburn, we may be cancelling each other out!

 
At 9/04/2006 05:58:00 PM, Blogger Melinda June said...

Checked it out...you're right, the album is absolutely brilliant. Thanks for the tip.

Have you tried the new Matthew Sweet/Susanna Hoffs one? I hear it's really good, but having trouble finding it here in the UK.

 
At 9/04/2006 06:02:00 PM, Blogger Cup said...

I have yet to hear the Matthew Sweet/Susanna Hoffs CD. A friend heard them in L.A. recently and said they were good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats