17 August 2006

Tagged!

What a hometown welcome! The Bay Area’s Writeprocrastinator tagged me for my first meme. But I love making lists, so I’m rather excited, actually.

Ten Years Ago
Living with Dan in our first apartment, spending much of our time on the screened porch, celebrating Dan International Tribute Week (his birthday is this week). Probably our happiest time together.

Five Years Ago
I was working way too many all-nighters at that hell on earth known as a top consulting firm. But I earned enough money to spend two weeks in London, Paris, and Mimizan … so there was a silver lining to those 3 a.m. deadlines.

One Year Ago
OM passed away a year ago today. And that’s all I can say about that right now.

Five Songs I Know All the Words to
It would be easier for me to list five songs I don’t know the words to, so I’m listing the songs I find myself singing most this week:
1. “Wedding Bell Blues,” Fifth Dimension
2. “She Just Wants to Be,” R.E.M.
3. “A Foggy Day,” Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong
4. “Kentucky Rain,” Elvis Presley
5. “Excitable Boy,” Warren Zevon

Five Snacks I Love and Wish I Could Eat
1. Blue Diamond wasabi and soy sauce almonds (thank you, sister girl)
2. Sunflower seeds (in the shell; getting the nut out is half the fun)
3. Fresh cherries
4. Basil rolls
5. Lay’s potato chips with French onion dip

Five Places I’d Run Away to
1. San Francisco (where I sit as I write this)
2. Maine
3. North Georgia mountains
4. Paris
5. Portland

Five Favorite TV Shows (current or vintage)
1. The Tom Fontana Trilogy: “Homicide: Life on the Street,” “Oz,” and “St. Elsewhere”
2. “Sex and the City”
3. “Twin Peaks” (first season)
4. “Arrested Development”
5. “The X-Files”

Five Things I’d Never Wear
1. Sensible oxford shoes
2. Small, boring, little hoop earrings
3. Low-rise jeans (no muffin tops crowning this ample a**)
4. Suntan pantyhose
5. White shoes

Five Favorite Toys
1. My silver turbo Beetle
2. MP3 player
3. My R.E.M. New Adventures in Hi-Fi View Master
4. Digital camera
5. That purple thing I’d rather not name right now …


And now I tag:
Marni
Dale
Jeremy
Barista Brat (if she wants to stray from the life in a bux for a day)
Dan

* * * * * *

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 8/18/2006 08:08:00 AM, Blogger haahnster said...

WP said I was "tagged" too. Unfortunately, I don't have the 1st clue what that means.

"Excitable Boy" is a great song that I haven't heard in years. I need to dig up that vinyl this weekend.

 
At 8/18/2006 10:16:00 AM, Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Beth,

"1. San Francisco (where I sit as I write this)
2. Maine
3. North Georgia mountains
4. Paris
5. Portland"

Not one location in a tropical clime, fascinating.

Thank you very much for taking time out of your busy vacation to indulge the blogging world and me, I appreciate it.

"That purple thing I’d rather not name right now …"

Um, "Barney?" A Tinky Winky doll autographed by Jerry Falwell? A grape that rolled behind the fridge?

OH, ahem. Never mind.

Haahnster,

"Unfortunately, I don't have the 1st clue what that means."

In the immortal words of Bill The Cat? "Pffbbbbt!"

 
At 8/18/2006 05:14:00 PM, Blogger Moderator said...

I look horrible in lowrise jeans.

 
At 8/19/2006 06:32:00 PM, Blogger Dale said...

Good answers Beth, I avoided reading this until I hunkered down and did my own. The view master sounds cool and good TV taste although I'm not very surprised.

 
At 8/19/2006 06:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did't know those things come, oops wrong choice of words, in purple.

 
At 8/20/2006 09:41:00 AM, Blogger kfluff said...

All this time I've been picturing you wearing suntan pantyhose WITH white shoes. I suppose I'll have to revise my mental image...

 
At 8/22/2006 08:37:00 PM, Blogger nouseforaname said...

yeah, my Jackrabbit is pink where did you find a purple one???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats