05 March 2007

Weird Things About Moi?

The just-too-cute-and-cool Big Shoulders over at Tongue-tied Lightning recently (okay, about a month ago) tagged me to list six weird things about me. Just six? I included some of my weirdnesses on my 100 Things About Me post and Five Things You Don’t Know About Me meme … but my weirdness cup overflows.

Six Weird Things About Me

1. I eat the whole damn apple. The apple core and seeds may be my favorite part of the apple. I have yet to have a tree grow in my stomach, so hush. I also like to crack open a peach seed and eat the kernel inside.

2. I have a scar along the edge of my chin. Having the scar isn’t weird, although I have no idea how I got it. What’s weird is, until I was in junior high, I thought it was the seam for my skin … as if The Good Lord had knitted my flesh Himself. Kind of Silence of the Lambs, isn’t it?

3. I organize the cat food cans. Each label must be facing forward, and cans are stacked by flavor. I then go down the row so that my cats have different dinner every night; I cannot feed them salmon two nights in a row, dammit.

4. My irises are freckled. I’m a freckled Irish freak, spotted all over my body — even down to my irises, which are green with brown flecks.

5. My Christmas card mailing list is on an Excel spreadsheet. There’s a worksheet for each year, going back to 1999. I have thumbnails of the cards in the header (I have three or four different cards every year); under that color I list the dates those cards are mailed to that set of recipients. I also list the date I receive a card from someone. (Dan suggested this one … and many, many more I’ll keep to myself.)

6. I love frozen sweets for breakfast. Frozen cake is the best, followed by cookies with icing, then ice cream. Must come from my Cap’n Crunch mornings growing up.


Whose weirdities am I most interested in today? Let’s tag:

The Haahnster, so that he knows I love him again … a little …
Scrivener, because I know his list will be very cool (damn him and his cool hair) …
Write Procrastinator, because writers are weird and love telling you about it …
http://www.str8jacket.com/wordpress/, because I know he’s wonderfully weird …
KulturFluff, because I’m ready for a new post from her …
• And last (but certainly not least) Coffeypot, because he’s a Coffey and therefore very, very weird.

* * * * * *

Labels: , , , , , ,

12 Comments:

At 3/05/2007 10:24:00 PM, Blogger Tenacious S said...

Uh, Beth, did you know that both peach pits and apple seeds contain cyanide? The levels are not super high in either, but they do contain cyanide.

 
At 3/05/2007 11:33:00 PM, Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Beth,

Thanks for the tag, but I did this meme back in December...

http://writeprocrastinator.blogspot.com/
2006/12/i-owe-katie-meme.html

I used to eat the whole apple too, back when I was a kid. Everything except for the stem.

Scars about the face? You and I could have a scar comparison worthy of the scene in "Jaws."

I have an eye freckle, though I wasn't born with it. And yes, frozen cake is good any time of the day.

 
At 3/06/2007 05:31:00 AM, Blogger Cup said...

TEN S: Yes, I've been warned about the cyanide content for years (one of the beloveds is a pharmacist, and she has reminded me regularly) ... but I've never gotten sick or died from an apple or peach, so I'll continue to live on the edge.

WRITER PROCRASTINATOR: You have just six weird things about your writerly person? C'mon; you can come up with another six. and I'll send you a photo of my freckled eyes if you send me a photo of your eye freckle.

 
At 3/06/2007 03:24:00 PM, Blogger barista brat said...

ok - the skin seam had me laughing out loud!

oh - and frozen snickers make an excellent brekkie as well!

 
At 3/06/2007 07:46:00 PM, Blogger Jeremy said...

My Xmas card list is also in Excel. As well as Palm and Outlook just to be sure.

 
At 3/06/2007 10:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

when you keel over, we will tell the coroner to rule out all those 'swirls' and concentrate on your fruit intake.

 
At 3/06/2007 10:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

by the way, who is opening for laura veirs?!

be wary of the sebadoh show--a friend of mine went and said it kinda, well, it sucked. but maybe it was an off night...

 
At 3/07/2007 05:56:00 PM, Blogger Moderator said...

There never is a wrong time to enjoy cake.

 
At 3/07/2007 09:20:00 PM, Blogger Dale said...

I eat the whole apple too if nobody's watching.

 
At 3/07/2007 10:57:00 PM, Blogger Bobby D. said...

I never got my Christmas card.



snif...

 
At 3/08/2007 06:50:00 AM, Blogger Coaster Punchman said...

Beth, you and your apple-core-eating friends here are weird. That is one of the weirdest things I've ever heard.

As for the Excel spreadsheet, I also have mine, but only as a way to be vindictive against those who fail to return the favor. I don't go as far as to scan the cards and include dates of receipt. You're weird.

 
At 3/08/2007 02:44:00 PM, Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

You win Beth...

http://writeprocrastinator.blogspot.com/2007/03/
re-tagged.html

I'll send you a pic of the eye freckle when I actually can get some sleep and the bags under my eyes are less Samsonite-like. You'd cringe otherwise at the redeye that cannot be Photoshopped out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats