08 April 2006

Happy anniversary, Paige & Richard!

My sister and her beloved were married one year ago today. It was a sweet, intimate wedding in the North Georgia mountains; my parents and I were the only guests. Here’s one of the wedding photos. Paige, the blushing bride, is in the center; Richard’s in the back with me; and our parents are in front.

This is the last good photo taken of my dad; he passed away in August. Whenever I look at this photo, I smile and cry at the same time. I miss him more than I can say; I don’t know how you get over the loss.

Happy first anniversary, Paige and Ricky! The slice of wedding cake has been pulled from the freezer and the champagne’s on ice.

* * * * * *

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 4/08/2006 01:48:00 PM, Anonymous paul said...

An excellent pic to be sure.

 
At 4/08/2006 01:49:00 PM, Blogger Beth said...

It is, isn't it? I have a small framed copy on my desk, and Richard gave me a large framed print for Christmas. Definitely a keeper.

 
At 4/10/2006 09:09:00 AM, Blogger Jamey said...

Funny thing about Uncle Jim...he always looked the same...even as he got older, he was the same man from my childhood memories...it was like he didn't really age or something! When I think about Jim, the vision that comes to mind is him sitting at the breakfast table, eating a bowl of cereal and reading the newspaper.

 
At 4/10/2006 10:45:00 AM, Blogger Beth said...

He did love the sports page and front page with his Wheaties!

 
At 4/10/2006 05:33:00 PM, Blogger deena said...

I'm like you Beth, I laugh and cry when I see that picture. I, too, have a framed copy at my house. It's in the living room on my little green table in front of the window. Paige and RR, I hope you have scores more anniverseries! Love to all of you.

 
At 5/25/2006 01:59:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

 
At 5/25/2006 02:59:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


View My Stats