The Before-I-die Top 10 List
My cousin Marni recently asked me what 10 things I want to do before I die. It’s a good question. I answered her with some could-happens and some in-your-dreams. But I’ve been thinking about that question since she asked. So, dear readers, here’s my list:
1. Fall madly in love at least one more time
2. Write a novel and have it published
3. Learn how to play the guitar
4. Support myself solely on freelance work
5. Drive across the country, without a planned itinerary
6. Visit Australia, New Zealand, Asia, Africa, South America, and Latin America (OK: the world)
7. Live in Manhattan for a year
8. Get in shape — and stay in shape
9. Read all the books I own
10. Become friends with Michael Stipe and/or Peter Buck (OK, so this is an in-your-dreams … but a girl needs her fantasies in order to stay young, right?)
I’m interested to know what things you most want to do in your life. Drop a note in the comment box or send me an e-mail.
BTW: I’m about to start working with my own life coach on work/life balance, so I may be able to start checking off some of these in the next year.
* * * * * *