09 June 2006

Movie Review: Cars

Dan and I went to a sneak preview of Cars, the new Pixar flick, last night. Darling movie. Visually, it’s amazing, beautiful, wonderfully colorful, and alive. The story’s cute, and the voice talents are perfectly matched to the characters. You parents and NASCAR fans will love it — but you don’t have to love Little Dale or have kids to enjoy it. My office buddy, Joseph, took his kids to the preview, too, and they loved it.


We got out of the preview around 9:30, so Dan and I decided to grab a late supper. We first popped into Borders so that I could pick up some books on my You-Must-Read-These-Before-I-Take-You-Seriously-as-an-Aspiring-Writer reading list mandated by the online professor, so we didn’t start hitting restaurants until a little before 10:00 p.m. And every damn joint in the ‘burbs closes at 10:00! The kind girls at Longhorn let us in (probably crushing on Dan), so we did get food and much-needed cocktails. But, sheesh; we’re a big city these days. Cobb County needs to live a little.

* * * * * *

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 6/09/2006 11:14:00 AM, Blogger Marni said...

Don't come to VR! The biggest "sit-down" restaurant we have is Zaxby's! BUT we do have 3 Waffle Houses all with a 5 mile radius... anyone for scattered, smothered, and covered?

 
At 6/09/2006 11:16:00 AM, Blogger Cup said...

I am Southern-bred ... so my body must have it scattered, smothered, and covered on a regular basis.

 
At 6/09/2006 04:39:00 PM, Blogger Moderator said...

Cocktails usually are much needed.

 
At 6/09/2006 05:23:00 PM, Blogger Cup said...

Truer words were never typed, Grant.

 
At 6/09/2006 07:35:00 PM, Blogger a said...

I doubt those girls were "crushing" on me with that big old pimple on me face! Summertime and greasy food (not Longhorn) are not kind to me. Just call me "The Spleen."

On a more positive note, the movie was pretty cool and visually exciting. The story was just "cute" on the Dan-o-meter. The jokes and gags were fun and sometimes the "laugh out loud" variety.

Of course the company was A+ as always!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats