27 July 2006

Happy Birthday, Simeon!

In his part of the world, his birthday ended a few hours ago ... but I still have the luxury of Eastern Standard Time to wish Simeon a very merry birthday. Sim, I hope you're still out dancing and celebrating somewhere.

Simeon is one of my favorite humans, probably among the top five who don't share my DNA. He's funny, he's irreverent, he's a great traveling companion. He's just damn fun to be around.

Simeon is also (believe it or not) more obsessed with music than I. We'd talk and talk and talk and talk about records. Shop for records (how many hours and dollars do you think we spent at Fantasyland during those two years?). Play records. Argue about records (and I was the one who discovered "Voice of Harold," my friend; it was my 12"). We fell in love with R.E.M. together in 1983, dancing away many a night to the sounds of the boys.

But, most of all, Simeon is a brilliant, talented artist. I have several of his works hanging on my walls, and they're among my most prized possessions. He's currently working on his Web site — which I'm forbidden at this time to share with you. Once he gives me the go-ahead, expect a splashy online opening on this page.

We have too many adventures and photos not to share with the world, so watch for a Simeon post in the coming weeks.

Hope to see you this spring, Sim. Love you.

* * * * * *

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At 7/28/2006 01:09:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right Beth. He IS cute.

 
At 7/28/2006 04:25:00 AM, Blogger Cup said...

Yes, he is. Damn cute.

 
At 7/28/2006 05:57:00 AM, Blogger Marni said...

Happy Birthday, Simeon! I hope to get to meet you some day... I'll even travel TO you! Beth... what do ya think? :)

 
At 7/28/2006 09:39:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute photo of Simeon. He’s cute.

 
At 7/28/2006 03:30:00 PM, Blogger lydia said...

Yeah please post when ready - always happy to check out new art stuff.

 
At 7/29/2006 05:29:00 PM, Blogger Cup said...

Damn. If I can get Simeon over here, I can pimp him off and retire.

Lydia: I'll let you know as soon as I get permission to post his site.

 
At 7/30/2006 11:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember Simeon! I know I have said this before. . .but I remember meeting him before ya'l went on a road trip and took pics of large roadside objects. Happy Birthday Simeon!

 
At 7/31/2006 10:13:00 AM, Blogger Cup said...

He's a hard one to forget. I've been looking for that photo series, so you may see them again soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats