24 September 2006

A Beautiful, Blessed, Fine Day

My girl’s getting married today. I’m not going to the wedding — but for a good reason. The wedding's being held here:


Karen and Clark are in Bhutan, where at this moment* monks are performing their wedding ceremony at Tiger’s Nest. They’re wearing traditional wedding robes made by the monks, and I’m sure they’re both beautiful and radiant. I wish I could be with them.



Karen and Clark, I wish you love and happiness, growth and adventure and fun as you continue your lives together. I look forward to sharing part of that life with you both. And I look forward to sharing a margarita swirl with you when you return.

Clark and Karen (March 2006)

*Time approximate; Karen wasn’t sure exactly what time the ceremony would be performed.


* * * * * *

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 9/24/2006 04:11:00 AM, Blogger barista brat said...

wow!

talk about the event of a lifetime!

congratulations to the happy (and adventurous!) couple.

 
At 9/24/2006 06:02:00 AM, Blogger Marni said...

How cool... they sound like a fun couple. Luck, love and happiness to them both.

 
At 9/24/2006 10:16:00 AM, Blogger Dale said...

What a stunning place for them to be and to celebrate!

I hope everyone figures out what time to be there. Those monks never tell you anything.

 
At 9/24/2006 10:11:00 PM, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

What an amazing place! (I'm not sure where exactly it is) It looks like those places in the commercials where they pan back and you wonder how they ever got there! Very cool!

 
At 9/25/2006 09:00:00 AM, Blogger Will said...

Wow, what an interesting and memorable place to get married.

 
At 9/25/2006 11:31:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHOA-I hope there is no alcohol at the reception or someone could easily go missing. Much happiness to Karen and Clark, enjoyed meeting them with you Beth, and wish them every happiness (and good footing at the wedding and through the rest of life!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats