28 December 2008

Twelve Shades of Awesome

The Christmas season brought many things into my world: parties and prezzies, friends and family, imbibement and indulgence. Damn, it’s been a great holiday in my world.

Santa also brought me a much-anticipated blogger meet-up — with the headbanging, calculating* Mathdude, who was in town visiting brother Tony Alva**.

I’ve been a fan of Mathdude since before he started blogging. In fact, I pushed him to start*** after he started smart-alecking his way through my comment boxes. We’ve attempted a couple meet-ups, so I was determined to make it to the the face-to-face this time****.

Mathdude and Cup, about to walk into a brick wall.
Little birdies chirped and swirled around our heads
just seconds later as we bounced off the wall.


And so we met for brunch. We noshed and dished. He told great stories of his storied past with the above-mentioned brother or on his own. He even charmed me and avoided whining about my word verification in the comment box. If he hadn’t had to hit the road for that four-hour drive north, I would have squired him around my little corner of the world. He’s a helluva lot of fun.

In summary: Mathdude is cool. Tall and cute. Tells a good tale. Needs to actually listen to those R.E.M. CDs*****.

That's all I got for ya!


* In a math, not an evil, way.
** Bro Alva didn’t make it to brunch. It was raining. And sis broke the chair.
*** Yes, it’s my partially fault. I apologize. Or accept your accolades.
**** Though he didn’t let me know until Tuesday he was headed to town.
***** But he left me with a most excellent CD.


* * * * * *

Labels: , ,

15 Comments:

At 12/29/2008 11:21:00 AM, Blogger Feisty Democrat said...

Wait, did I write this posting?

It was good finally meeting you. Don't avoid me for a year next time. :)

Um, and about the credit card I stole from your purse while you were in the bathroom. I could only charge about $2500 worth of electronics before it maxed out. C'mon, pay those credit card bills!

Oh, and turn your damn word verificator off!!!

 
At 12/29/2008 10:01:00 PM, Blogger Gifted Typist said...

I must get my butt down to Atlantic. You have the greatest bloggie meetups down there.

 
At 12/29/2008 11:44:00 PM, Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Blog meet-ups are the best ever. I was so lucky this year to have oodles of them, but they are never enough. I want more!

 
At 12/30/2008 03:55:00 AM, Blogger Erik Donald France said...

Endnotes and everything! I love endnotes!

Sounds damned fun.

Happy New Year right soon!

 
At 12/30/2008 11:49:00 AM, Blogger Dale said...

It all adds up now. Awesome!

 
At 12/30/2008 02:00:00 PM, Blogger Falwless said...

Hmmm. This is all very suspicious. Sounds a lot like Mathdude wrote this post. Has anyone checked on Beth in a while? Anyone? I'm tellin' you, this dude's a serial killer. None of you will listen to me.

 
At 12/30/2008 07:40:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

um, was one of you standing on a chair and another standing in a ditch?

damn, mathdude you are tall!

or maybe i should say,

damn, mathdude you are average height and beth is short!

 
At 12/31/2008 02:43:00 PM, Blogger Tony Alva said...

Sorry I couldn't make it, but now that you know my brother is not a serial killer, we'll make something happen soon!

Oh crap, I've got to enter a bunch of letters into the word verification thingy...

 
At 12/31/2008 09:59:00 PM, Blogger Cormac Brown said...

Happy New Year, Beth!

 
At 1/01/2009 01:22:00 PM, Blogger paperback reader said...

This sounds like a fun meetup indeed. I hope "up bup" was said at least once.

 
At 1/02/2009 07:23:00 AM, Blogger mellowlee said...

I'm happy you had a wonderful holiday Beth :O) and a blogger meet up, how saaaaweet! XOXO

 
At 1/02/2009 01:11:00 PM, Blogger Fran said...

What fun!

Word verification is most annoying but since you are a beloved blogger, I will not say too much.

Ooops, I said something didn't I?

I would love to have a blogger meetup with you. Atlanta would be a great place to visit, since I practically lived there from 1987-1991 and then continued to visit frequently until about 1997.

Plus there'd be cocktails. Lots and lots of them.

And REM music.

And Coffey.

See you in ATL soon. I can't expect you'd drag yourself to Smalbania.

 
At 1/02/2009 01:12:00 PM, Blogger Fran said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 1/03/2009 11:21:00 AM, Blogger BeckEye said...

I was thinking what Fal was thinking, but I don't think Mathdude knows what the word "nosh" means, and he would've surely spelled CDs as CD's. So, glad you're still alive, Beth.

 
At 1/04/2009 06:37:00 PM, Blogger mike said...

I like how Mathdude has those pretty little curls in the back of his head that stick out the bottom of his hockey helmet. Oh, hang on, Mathdude doesn't play hockey? Damn hippie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats