18 December 2008

I Enjoy Being a Girl

The beginning of this week was one to be filed under “Horrific.” Imagine your worst nightmare coming to life. That would be Tuesday.

So, how did I get over it? Why, by cocktailing and baubling, of course.

One of my favorite local baublers, August Miller, had a trunk show at a local restaurant last night, and I couldn’t miss out the opportunity to rejuve the soul. And rejuve I did, with the best mojito I’ve had in years — and these lovelies:



August made the earrings while I mojito’ed.

August’s jewelry can also be found in New York, Chicago, and Nashville — and, of course, online. If you’re on Facebook, check out I (heart) August Miller Design Jewelry.
A mojito. A great sale on handmade jewelry. Girl talk. Damn, I really enjoy being a girl.

* * * * * *

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

At 12/18/2008 01:08:00 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Nothing beats the blues like a festive, alcohol-laden drink with lime and mint in it.

I suppose, if you're a girl, the jewelry doesn't hurt either.

Good to see you back!

 
At 12/18/2008 02:11:00 PM, Blogger Dayle W said...

oh my - I just went to his website...I think I am IN LOVE!

 
At 12/18/2008 02:17:00 PM, Blogger Bacon Lady said...

Oooooh, purty!

And your freckles are just too damn cute.

 
At 12/18/2008 06:04:00 PM, Blogger SkylersDad said...

Sure your freckles are cute and all, but nothing beats a good pair of baubles!

hey, somebody was gonna say it!

 
At 12/18/2008 07:56:00 PM, Blogger Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

To heck with the baubles, I love your freckles. Oh by the way, you may not be here at the party Saturday night but your Christmas mixe tapes from last year will be. I dug out the CD's I made from them and they all played perfectly. Thanks for doing those great mix tapes last year.

 
At 12/19/2008 10:08:00 AM, Blogger dguzman said...

Cutie!

 
At 12/19/2008 11:06:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am wild for August Miller.

 
At 12/20/2008 09:29:00 PM, Blogger The Accidental Philosopher said...

Wow! I'm feeling all warm and tingling inside...
Thanks for the compliments!
- blushing -
Aug

www.augustmillerdesign.com

 
At 12/21/2008 01:48:00 PM, Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Those are so pretty! I am not much for baubles, but those are really quite spectacular.

 
At 12/22/2008 02:20:00 PM, Blogger BeckEye said...

I buy all my jewelry from Augustus Gloop. I can even have chocolate martinis while I wait.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats