25 March 2006

It’s my birthday!

Let the party begin! It’s going to be a day of champagne and cocktails, great people and good times. Celebrate my birthday, wherever you are, by taking an hour and doing something fun, festive and frivolous. Just be sure to tell me how you celebrated my day!

Yep, today's going to be just as much fun as my 8th birthday party:

I’m the four-eyed cutie in the stylish birthday hat; even then, I was all about the accessories. That's Renae, my oldest, dearest friend, in the plaid dress. My sister Paige is next to Renae, at the end of the row; my brother Buck is the sole boy, checking out the ladies. My cousin Gina is at the end of the top row, with Jill in front of her. Holly was still living in Sagamore Hills that year, so we had yet to be blessed by her laugh (and that cool tongue!).

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me and my fellow March 25ers: Elton John ... Aretha Franklin ... Sarah Jessica Parker ... Tom Glavine ... Nick Lowe ... Gloria Steinem ... Anita Bryant ... Jim Lovell ... Flannery O'Connor ... Marcia Cross ... Howard Cosell ...

* * * * * *

Labels:

11 Comments:

At 3/25/2006 08:32:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! That is a great picture. Where was it taken?

 
At 3/25/2006 10:09:00 AM, Blogger Cup said...

On the patio of our house in Vinings. See you tonight!

 
At 3/25/2006 12:06:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That picture does rock. You don't look that much different today.

 
At 3/25/2006 12:34:00 PM, Blogger Paul M. Sark said...

Happy Birthday, Beth, and many happy returns!

 
At 3/25/2006 01:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

For your birthday I have figured out how to leave a comment on a blog. But, then again, it isn't there yet so who knows if I've done that or not. There's a warning that says "Required field cannot be left blank" but I can't figure out what was left blank.

Obviously, I have always been behind the times and not very fashionable. Every other little girl at Beth's party is wearing a bright spring dress that is washed out while I'm wearing an autumn, plaid, "first day of school" kind of dress for a spring birthday party. My mama just didn't know any better.

hahaha and clearly I don't know that comments are supposed to be brief!!!

LOVE YOU BETH!!!

 
At 3/25/2006 02:08:00 PM, Blogger Cup said...

You made commentland! WOO-HOO!

And here I was thinking that you were the most stylish, the one who would stand out in a photo 40 years later (well, let's not add any years -- 39 years later). And you're wearing my blues and greens!

And comments should be only as brief as the thought ... so type 'til the fingers go numb and the brain is drained.

 
At 3/25/2006 02:40:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that Debbie Edwards on the front row with Lisa?!

 
At 3/25/2006 02:45:00 PM, Blogger Cup said...

Yep, and that's Ellen Black next to me. I feel bad for not introducing Jo Jean, but we haven't seen her since 1977.

 
At 3/25/2006 03:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mom saw Jo Jean about ten years ago . I think she's in Marietta.

 
At 3/25/2006 05:51:00 PM, Blogger a said...

It's Beth International Tribute Week for all who do not realize it yet, so be sure fire up your incense and say your mandatory REM prayer before the one that is BETH. Happy Birthday! Enjoy it sweetie!

 
At 3/27/2006 02:02:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad I got to spend part of your birthday weekend with you. Happy birthday, babe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats