08 April 2006

Adventures in Petsitting

Paige and Richard are celebrating their anniversary at the beach, and I’m petsitting at their place. I’m having a good time, too. Paige and Richard have a cat, named Kitty Kat, and a beagle, Hobo. Kitty Kat pretty much comes and goes as she pleases, occasionally walking through and meowing her presence.

Hobo’s rather laidback — and he loves his toys:

You gotta love a beagle that carries a beagle around with him:

Hobo drags all of his toys on the sofa so that he doesn't have to nap alone:


Here he’s protecting me from a bug on the ceiling:


We had a pretty exciting morning. A nasty, windy thunderstorm hit around 3:30 a.m., knocking out the power. The tornado alarms were blaring and the wind was making a very weird sound, so we headed to the basement. I read a Vanity Fair by candlelight, while Hobo and Kitty Kat sat at my feet. Luckily, we weren’t hit by a tornado, and we went back to bed around 5:00 a.m.

Hobo and I hopped in the Beetle this morning to check the damage to the area:


It looks like a tornado touched down a few miles away:


Luckily, the Big Chicken (across the street from the tornadoed K-Mart) wasn’t damaged.

Even with the early morning dash to the basement, it has been a nice, relaxing weekend out in the 'burbs with the animals. I love hanging out with Hobo, and always go home wanting to add a dog to my brood ... if I had a lifestyle for a dog.


* * * * * *

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 4/08/2006 01:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hobo rocks!

 
At 4/11/2006 09:15:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hobo IS adorable, and appears to be very laid back---just please tell me you were stopped at a light or something when you snapped the photo of him in the beetle with you...

 
At 4/11/2006 01:13:00 PM, Blogger Cup said...

Always "safety first" when Hobo's riding along!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats