05 April 2006

Sex & the Southern City: Barista Boy

From time to time (read: when I have nothing to write about), I’ll share highlights from my life as a single woman. These posts will no doubt be great lessons for those of you just starting the single life. And, yes, these stories are true.

Karen and I have just finished a dinner of sushi and (many) saki martinis … which, of course, leads to ribald conversation and naughty confessions. There are still secrets waiting to be spilled postprandial, so we walk to a nearby coffee shop. A tall, very cute barista waits behind the counter. Fueled by my martini confidence, I order my latte with a flirt and a hair toss. Barista Boy repeats my order.

Me: “That’s a cute accent you have. Where are you from?”

Barista Boy: “I don’t have an accent. I have a speech impediment.”

Single girl scores again!

* * * * * *

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

At 4/05/2006 11:32:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She shoots, she scores!

 
At 4/06/2006 08:50:00 AM, Blogger Cup said...

I got the moves, baby.

 
At 4/06/2006 10:37:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next time you want to flirt with the coffee counter clerk try this:
"They call me Coffey, because I grind so fine". Coffee boy will get over his speech impediment in a hurry.

 
At 4/06/2006 12:14:00 PM, Blogger Jeremy said...

Oh . . . My . . . God! That is so friggin' awesome. You have no idea. How great would it be if he was just messing with you?

 
At 4/06/2006 12:21:00 PM, Blogger Cup said...

RCOFCHS: I should hire you as my flirt-line writer.

JEREMY: That would be so sad if he was ... but the other barista gave him shit for his response, pointing out that he blew a good flirt opportunity. Oh, yeah, and every single person in that very crowded Caribou Coffee laughed.

 
At 4/06/2006 04:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you probably just tongue tied the boy with your fabulous-ness, babe

 
At 4/07/2006 04:03:00 PM, Blogger kaushik said...

hey thanks a lot for the comment on my post on kite runner!

 
At 5/25/2006 01:59:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

 
At 5/25/2006 02:33:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

 
At 5/25/2006 02:35:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

 
At 1/21/2007 07:49:00 PM, Blogger Coaster Punchman said...

Ha ha ha! If I were him I would have been flattered! (At least if I really believed you!) That was actually nice of you to say to him, so I wouldn't feel bad about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats