29 March 2006

I’m so damn tired

I filed away the job folders for two huge projects yesterday, projects that have taken most of my office energy since the first of the year. So, you’d think that things would be slow at my desk, that I’d be cruising through this week, right? Hell to the no! I have tons of catching up to do, and several major projects need my constant attention through June. Stress continues to be at an all-time high.

Will it ever f*cking end? Every year, I’m given more and more responsibility — and thanked for my hard work and accomplishments with a few measly percentage points of a raise. I’m tired of pushing the achievement limit further each year, of striving to be at the top of the employee pile. I’m tired of slapping together articles, instead of taking the time to write good pieces. I’m tired of sitting in meetings, of putting together reports that are rarely read, of answering idiotic questions. I’m tired of feeling guilty if I leave before 7 p.m. I just want to settle into a work routine and do what I was hired to do: write and manage newsletters, annual reports, and communication pieces. I think I’m ready to retire … if only my 401(k) balances agreed.

It sucks being the go-to gal. And that’s my whining for the week. I promise.

* * * * * *

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 3/29/2006 05:36:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, whine away. It sounds like you've some valid concerns. I would suggest setting some limits but that hasn't done me a whole lot of good. Turns out I'm not a Team Player.

Unless you're running things, the game can't be won.

 
At 3/29/2006 07:01:00 PM, Blogger Cup said...

It's partly my fault. I get these great, creative, grandiose ideas — and then have to execute them. I'm just tired.

 
At 3/29/2006 11:31:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

there's a good offer still on the table, sweets

 
At 4/01/2006 06:26:00 PM, Blogger Cup said...

Sadly, you're right, Guerilla Blogger. I actually thrive under a high-demand environment ... but, sometimes, a girl just gets tired.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats