02 August 2006

The Cup Challenge: Midweek Standings

Day three of the Cup Challenge. Five posts published. Let's see how we're faring in this difficult event:

brilliant = 0*

excellent = 0

fabulous = 0

fantastic = 0

wonderful = 0

love = 0.5, in Bob and Karen Had It Right. But if your aunt catches it at 5:51 a.m., you get a do-over. And so I did that sentence over.

great = 1, in Al Green: Greatest Hits (Vol. 1 and 2), caught by that eagle-eyed professor and music genius, Scrivener. But, dammit, those were marvelous clubs.

*Okay, the cousin nailed me in the comment boxes, but that's the free zone, kids. I need to be me somewhere.

So, 1.5 slip-ups. I was hoping for a perfect score, but I can live with that. Thanks for keeping me between the lines, readers.

* * * * * *

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8/03/2006 01:49:00 AM, Blogger barista brat said...

so, has your speech been affected as well? do you catch yourself starting to exclaim "brilliant!" so it comes out "bri----great!"?

btw - i'm really loving my bux music right now. we just started selling 'senses working overtime' - the compilation that features xtc, the jam, roxy music, the pretenders, etc...

oh, and i haven't forgotten about your cd's. i just haven't been to the post yet. sorry!

 
At 8/03/2006 05:41:00 AM, Blogger Cup said...

I saw Senses Working Overtime at my bux yesterday. Brill...very good compilation. I'll probably pick it up this week.

No rush on the CDs. I need to get the Jeff Buckley to you, too.

My speech is affected a little ... in that I must exclaim fabulous and brilliant and love throughout the day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats