15 December 2006

Finest Worksong

I’m spending the morning writing the final paragraphs of my last big project for 2006. Then I get to relax, enjoy the Christmas cookies by the mailboxes, and skate through my last seven working days of 2006. Sweet!

I have literally worked my ass off the last few months. A misuse of “literally,” maybe? Not at all. I’ve dropped two sizes since September, without really trying. It was a much-needed loss, too, since I chocolate-croissanted my way through the year I grieved for my dad.

The Christmas social season kicks off for me tonight. I’m thrilled to have plans every night through Christmas. Let’s just hope I don’t put that heavy workload back on my ass.

Happy Christmas, dear readers!

Today’s Christmas Playlist

Elvis Presley: Merry Christmas Baby
Jackson 5: Santa Claus Is Coming to Town
R.E.M.: Good King Wenceslas
Pete Yorn: Do They Know It’s Christmas?
The Ramones: Merry Christmas (I Don't Want to Fight Tonight)
El Vez: Feliz Navidad
The Singing Dogs: Jingle Bells
Vince Guaraldi: Christmas Time Is Here
Kenny Loggins: Celebrate Me Home
The Eagles: Please Come Home for Christmas



* * * * * *

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At 12/15/2006 01:02:00 PM, Blogger haahnster said...

Congrats on the ass reduction. Don't work too hard. I'm in the middle of my last business day of 2006 right f*cking now, and it is sweeeet.

2006, what a shitty year at work.

 
At 12/15/2006 01:07:00 PM, Blogger Cup said...

You get two weeks at home with your hot wife and adorable girls? You lucky dog. I'd better see long, deep posts and lots of pix of the girls with their Christmas haul.

 
At 12/15/2006 04:06:00 PM, Blogger barista brat said...

yay for enjoying the holidays!
i'm glad you finally will get a break from that hectic pace.

and pete yorn did a cover of 'do they know it's christmas'?

 
At 12/16/2006 01:50:00 AM, Blogger Old Lady said...

Very glad to see you are winding down! I have 2 more days and off for a while. It has been a very busy year!

 
At 12/16/2006 05:45:00 AM, Blogger ziggystardust73 said...

Merry Christmas Beth!

I too have just about worked my ass off recently, but it's now time to relax a bit. And party.

Have a fabulous holiday, Beth.

Ziggy

 
At 12/16/2006 08:13:00 AM, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Wow! 2 sizes! I'm envious but I don't want the stress that came with that!
You are a busy gal. Have fun!

I love Kenny Loggins, Celebrate Me Home!

Merry Christmas!

 
At 12/16/2006 08:54:00 AM, Blogger Dale said...

I've got 4 more work days before a much deserved time out. The Singing Dogs Beth? You're way serious about this whole thing aren't you? I love the 'Happy Christmas' more than the Merry one so Happy to you too.

 
At 12/18/2006 08:55:00 AM, Blogger Jeremy said...

That's funny, because I've been gaining weight. for some reason, I've fallen back into an old routine of eating handfuls of M&Ms whilstr watching the ol' boob tube. I think I've gone through 10 pounds of M&Ms over the last few weeks. While I'm falling back into bad habits, I guess it's time to go back on the old speed diet and start smoking again. Ha!

Glad you can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

PS - i finally made that new post I was talking about.

 
At 12/18/2006 09:59:00 AM, Blogger Moderator said...

We have Sirius at home and I swear the Xmas channel plays that Eagle's song twice an hour. I'm at my wits end. But I love Elvis' Xmas music. Except for the gospel stuff.

 
At 12/18/2006 07:26:00 PM, Blogger lee said...

I lost some, too -got to make room for the naughty treats at my grandmother's place :).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats