14 January 2009

The Sixes Meme

My loveliest and most talented near-neighbor I’ve never met, Eskimo Bliss, tagged me with another random things meme. I love lists and I’m rather random, so let’s play.

The Rules
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

I’ve posted many (many, many) self-absorbed lists, so it was tough to come up with six things you haven’t read about me (and I told myself I can no longer include “R.E.M. is my favorite band” for six weeks). Let’s hope you find these somewhat entertaining.

1. I cannot step on a crack and break my mother’s back. I always step (sometimes hop) over the line.

2. I was once kicked off the bridesmaid team because Bridezilla said I wasn’t taking the wedding as seriously as she. Um, that counts as a duh, doesn’t it?

3. Broadway musicals bore me. I prefer my musical theater to be along the lines of Hedwig and the Angry Inch.

4. I once had a sex dream about Corky, the mentally challenged boy on the TV show “Life Goes On.” What makes this particularly disturbing is I never saw the show. (And, yes, he was goooooood.)

5. I am a Target addict. Today’s ensemble includes the following Red Dot Boutique items: slacks, turtleneck, cardigan, panties and bra, tights, makeup. There’s a Target across the street from my office, so I probably average three pop-ins every week.

6. Whenever I’m blue, I play three songs to perk me up: R.E.M.’s “Turn You Inside-out,” The Replacements’ “I Will Dare,” and Wilco’s “Heavy Metal Drummer.” If those don’t do the trick, I move to Sonic Youth’s “Incinerate” and Spoon’s “Did You Evah.” So far, I haven’t had to dig deeper into the playlist.


I’m tagging six sexy gals:

1. Flannery Alden at Prone to Whimsy got all sexy and sixy!

2. Christine at Real Men Don't Watch American Idol

3. Lisa at That’s Why got all sexy and sixy!

4. D. Guzman at Beginning to Bird got all sexy and sixy!

5. WendyB at Wendy Brandes Jewelry

6. Sue at Dating Rules for Sitcoms

* * * * * *

Labels: , , , , , ,

25 Comments:

At 1/14/2009 07:29:00 PM, Blogger SkylersDad said...

I think I read someplace that Corkey had madd skillz.

 
At 1/14/2009 07:45:00 PM, Blogger WendyB said...

Oh my God! I'm never going to be able to come up with something as great as #4.

 
At 1/14/2009 09:40:00 PM, Blogger lisahgolden said...

done. And I made an R.E.M. reference for you.

 
At 1/14/2009 10:56:00 PM, Blogger Cormac Brown said...

I adore Tar-zhay as well...




...er, "Target."

 
At 1/14/2009 11:11:00 PM, Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

You really should have been with us when the Marthas saw Hedwig last year. You needed your style and sass!

 
At 1/14/2009 11:54:00 PM, Blogger Tracy Samantha Lord said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 1/14/2009 11:56:00 PM, Blogger Red said...

'm a music theatre geek (but like lots and lots of other music, too). At one point, the song that could always make me happy when I was blue was "Comedy Tonight" from _A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum_. But these days maybe #1 on that list is "(What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love and Understanding."

 
At 1/15/2009 07:56:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! very interesting. number two is uhm... wow, yeah. and LMAO at #4!

 
At 1/15/2009 12:55:00 PM, Blogger dguzman said...

Wow. Corkey?

I'm honored to be tagged. Will comply ASAP!

 
At 1/15/2009 01:10:00 PM, Blogger dguzman said...

I'm done!

 
At 1/15/2009 01:16:00 PM, Blogger Catherinette said...

Wow! I can't believe you admitted to dreaming about doing Corky. Wow. I'm pressive. No, really.

 
At 1/16/2009 10:35:00 AM, Blogger Christine said...

Against my better judgement...I have complete my assignment. I want extra credit.

 
At 1/16/2009 05:04:00 PM, Blogger Gifted Typist said...

Sounds like ole Bridzilla did you a big favour. I love that Wilco tune too.

 
At 1/18/2009 09:28:00 PM, Blogger Tenacious S said...

Fellow Target addict, I have been told by a reliable source (Mindy June) that Target's Boot's line is Chanel in disguise. Word.

 
At 1/22/2009 06:59:00 PM, Blogger BeckEye said...

I thought that Spoon song was "Don't You Evah?"

*frantically checking my iPod*

Yes, that's it. Is there a "Did You Evah" alsoh?

My word ver is pormy. Oh, just one letter off from being my favorite adjective.

 
At 1/23/2009 02:55:00 PM, Blogger Feisty Democrat said...

Could you elaborate a little more on the "panties and bra" thing you were writing about? You can skip the sweater and pants details.

 
At 1/25/2009 06:45:00 AM, Blogger Distributorcap said...

i went to target yesterday and bought nothing..........

 
At 1/30/2009 07:01:00 PM, Blogger Johnny Yen said...

Please, please, please tell me that #2 ended in a divorce-- that would be poetic justice.

 
At 2/04/2009 05:47:00 PM, Blogger Christine said...

Psssstttt...you alive out there in internet land?

 
At 2/08/2009 01:03:00 PM, Blogger Dr Zibbs said...

With Corky??

 
At 2/09/2009 02:11:00 PM, Blogger KK said...

A month between posts is too damned long!!!

I certainly hope you're having a torrid love affair and don't have time to entertain us cretins in the blogosphere because if you're blaming this shit on work - well, that's just not gonna cut it!

 
At 2/22/2009 10:49:00 AM, Blogger wonderturtle said...

I am simultaneously repulsed and intrigued by your Corky dream. As an ardent fan of the show, I can assure you that his character was both gentle and persistent.

 
At 2/27/2009 07:56:00 PM, Blogger Coaster Punchman said...

2. I cannot believe that see-you-next-Tuesday. What a total bitch. Are you still friends?

3. You would love Spring Awakening, Avenue Q and Wicked. I love Hedwig too though.

4. You're disturbed.

5. You do know Target is designed to suck the very life out of your wallet, right? They have it all worked out scientifically. That's why it's not possible to "pop in" for a single bottle of shampoo without leaving at least $50 poorer.

 
At 3/08/2009 02:51:00 PM, Blogger Katie Schwartz said...

Bethylicious, I am so #1, too. Very few broadway musicals excite me. The first one I ever saw was Shannondah (sp).

Fucking love the sex dream about Corky, and, and, and that he was good in bed.

xoxoxoxo
me

 
At 3/09/2009 01:45:00 AM, Blogger Coaster Punchman said...

Ok Miss Thang, let's get you off FB for a few minutes & back to The Cup. We're gettin' thirsty out here. Oh, and I just started another serial over at CPW. Hee hee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats