29 May 2006

Musings on a Memorable Memorial Day Weekend

There’s nothing better for the overworked soul than a three-day weekend … except for that clutch in the stomach around 5 p.m. Monday when you realize it’s nearly time to head back to your desk. (I really need to pursue my lottery retirement plan.)

I had a glorious weekend, although it was a bit too hot for me. Among the highlights:
… damn good sushi with my niece …
… watching my nephew master his hacky sack …
… cocktails and lounging with my out-of-towner …
… a Beatles tribute band, with a bit too much wine and beer …
… a fun afternoon tea at a friend’s — mimosas, girlie sandwiches and gooey sweets, rambling and entertaining conversation …
… a drunken cry about OM with my brother (we both needed it) …
… coffee with condo negotiations …
… mediocre yet entertaining movies …
… family dinner at Red Lobster. I don’t even know the last time I ate at a Red Lobster, but it was good …

Hope your holiday weekend was wonderful, too. At least we’re going back to a short work week.

Speaking of going back to work, GOOD LUCK to Paige on her first day at her new job, as ministry asssistant for the new Home Life minister at our church. I know she’ll bring a lot to the position. It will be interesting to see where this path takes her.

* * * * * *

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 5/30/2006 08:58:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK PAIGE! Hope you really enjoy your new job!
And wow Beth,you sure do pack a lot into a long weekend, I thought I deserved to be exhausted....it all sounds great though

 
At 5/30/2006 04:08:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

went too quickly dammit

 
At 5/30/2006 08:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cocktails, good. lounging, good. sushi, good. weekend, GOOD.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats