20 August 2006

I've Returned!

[I hope at least three of you out there started humming the Squeeze tune when you read the head.]

The 2006 Escape from Reality tour has come to an end. I returned tonight to muggy, humid Atlanta after five perfect sunny-and-seventies days in San Francisco. There are many stories to tell … but right now the suitcase lies unopened on the floor (after knocking me butt-first back down my entrance stairs) and the photos remain in the digital camera. Stories and pictures (and whinings about having to be a working girl instead of a woman of leisure) will come later this week.

I hate returning to reality after a vacation, so tomorrow will be a double-Monday. I plan to take full advantage of my grumpiness, as I have five meetings before 2 p.m. I hate meetings. Almost as much as I hate Mondays.

I’ll be back on my regular blogging schedule by Tuesday morning (I can feel the anticipation build as you begin to wonder which album I'll feature). And I hope to spend much of my non-meeting Monday moments catching up with your blogs.

* * * * * *

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

At 8/21/2006 01:48:00 AM, Blogger barista brat said...

can't wait to read about your trip.

hope your monday isn't too horrid!

maybe another wardrobe malfunction will help cut a meeting short?

 
At 8/21/2006 03:17:00 AM, Blogger Cup said...

It was a great trip. Haven't been to San Francisco since 1998, so it was good to be back in my favorite U.S. city. You should see the fabulous shoes I got! And baubles galore!!!

 
At 8/21/2006 06:38:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that you looking out the window of the plane? Damn, you have a tiny, little head.

Welcome home, woman.

M

 
At 8/21/2006 07:57:00 AM, Blogger Dale said...

Welcome home and that's a great Dan post below.

 
At 8/21/2006 07:59:00 AM, Blogger Cup said...

M: I have a freakishly tiny, bald head, M. I'm often mistaken for that Buddy Lee doll.

Dale: That Dan is one great boy. I'm lucky to still have him in my life.

 
At 8/21/2006 08:05:00 AM, Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

"I have a freakishly tiny, bald head, M. I'm often mistaken for that Buddy Lee doll.'

I've heard stories that people look entirely different from their icons and now, there you go. I hope however, that you don't engage in all the thrill-junkie antics that Buddy does.

"I hate meetings. Almost as much as I hate Mondays."

A Super Soaker full of ink will take care of that. Hit 'em up and you'll never have to endure another meeting again!

 
At 8/21/2006 09:22:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I've never had a job that included "meetings", maybe someday if I grow up, or not...doesn't sound like I'm missing out there

 
At 8/21/2006 07:39:00 PM, Blogger a said...

Meetings are a waste of life. Every single one I've ever been to in my experience has been useless. Holly, you're not missing anything, so be thankful you've never experienced them.

Ah, Buddy Lee. One day soon I'll have to re-publish "Buddy Lee goes to Paris." Until then, that shot is a great teaser.

 
At 8/22/2006 07:24:00 AM, Blogger Cup said...

WRITEPROCRASTINATOR: I try to live my life like Buddy Lee does his; however, my lack of grace often holds me back from succeeding. And I'm gonna take you up on the Super Soaker idea.

HOLLYC: You are blessed, child. No meetings ........

DAN: You really need to republish that site. I miss it. Buddy looks cute on that Paris-bound plane, doesn't he?

 
At 8/23/2006 05:15:00 AM, Blogger Coaster Punchman said...

Returning to work after vacation sucks. I usually reward my employer by being completely useless the first day back. Actually, I remain completely useless no matter what day it is, but don't tell anyone.

 
At 8/23/2006 12:49:00 PM, Blogger Cup said...

COASTER PUNCHMAN: I need to find a coasting position. I've decided that I hate working.

INTRAVENEOUS DEMILO: Squeeze makes me very happy, too; I even flashed my tiny boobies at them during a concert in the mid-1980s ... because they earned it, dammit. Look for a Squeeze post one Tuesday soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats