10 March 2008

The Envelope, Please

It’s the moment all of you (well, ten of you) have been waiting for: the winner of the First Mix Tape Friday Contest.

Ten brilliant musicologists (or ten classic rock station addicts, or ten brilliant Googlers) submitted their guesses for the original artists covered on the I Wanna Rawk! mix tape. Three correctly guessed all forty, and the rest missed just a couple — so all ten names went into the hat.


These caused our courageous contestants the most trouble:

Fleetwood Mac :: Think About Me

The Rolling Stones :: I’m Free

Bloodrock :: D.O.A.


As you can see by the photo below, we followed the regulations set by Roberts Rules of Order, using an actual hat from which to draw the winning entry. You can’t tell it in the photo, but Favorite Boy blindfolded me and spun me around three times (which was strange since there was neither donkey nor tail nearby) before I reached into the hat.


And reach in I did … to pull out the name Tenacious S! She was one of just three who correctly guessed Bloodrock on the first ballot, so she earned it.


Ms. S., I will contact you later this week to talk about themes for the March 28 mix tape.

Don’t fret, kids, there will be more mix tape contests this year.

* * * * * *

Labels: , , ,

14 Comments:

At 3/10/2008 11:18:00 PM, Blogger Pezda's Ghost said...

Well shucks. Congrats to Tenacious S. The Rolling Stones cover was one of the ones I knew off the top.

 
At 3/10/2008 11:34:00 PM, Blogger Tenacious S said...

RAWK!!!!!!! Thanks to all my supporters and...aw heck, thanks to the hearing aid company that will be sponsoring me soon. Let's bring it, girlie!

 
At 3/10/2008 11:38:00 PM, Blogger Tenacious S said...

Oh, and how could I forget, big props to my AM/FM radio, my Walkman, my boombox and my iPod. I couldn't have done it without you. And how could I forget all the lonely hours in the DJ booth at WUSC. Thank you all! I'm getting misty and my fur is getting wet. I gotta bounce! Shameless plug-The mighty Naked Raygun is playing at SXSW this week.

 
At 3/11/2008 02:35:00 AM, Blogger lulu said...

Oh lord. This is gonna be scary.

 
At 3/11/2008 02:41:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

totally rigged. i knew all the answers..wait, i didn't enter.
my bad! congrats to the winner!

 
At 3/11/2008 06:44:00 AM, Blogger Gifted Typist said...

Blind fold? I subject that photo to special analysis and I could see no blind fold on Beth.

 
At 3/11/2008 10:17:00 AM, Blogger KK said...

I'm not buying the blindfold story for one moment. I know what boys do when they blindfold girls.........

But since I'm so depressed now, I think I'll just go back to bed.

 
At 3/11/2008 10:29:00 AM, Blogger Feisty Democrat said...

Fix! Fix! Fix! I was robbed!!!

 
At 3/11/2008 10:52:00 AM, Blogger paperback reader said...

Well done. I just guessed every band was covering Journey, because why cover anything else?

 
At 3/11/2008 04:28:00 PM, Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

I'm looking forward to seeing what occurs when two twisted minds get together.

 
At 3/11/2008 04:31:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you will check the verbage, you will notice that I blindfolded and spun her around 3 times before she reached into the hat. At no time did she specify how many hours before, she was blindfolded and spun. The contest was 100% kosher.

 
At 3/11/2008 10:55:00 PM, Blogger Eebie said...

Eck-cellent!!! I'm looking forward to it.

 
At 3/12/2008 01:27:00 PM, Blogger BeckEye said...

Congrats, Tenacious S.

I'm looking forward to more contests.

 
At 3/12/2008 10:59:00 PM, Blogger Katie Schwartz said...

congratulations to Diva S. Ya so fair, Bethy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats