17 March 2008

A Meme-rific Week

I’ve been tagged recently for several interesting memes, and I’m going to try to post every one this week. Work has taken me away from the blogworld for the last several weeks, and I hope a week o’ memes will bring me back full force.

I’m going to start with the easiest: The Middle Name Meme, tagged by the delightful Katie.

The Rules

1. Post the rules before you give your answers.

2. List one fact about yourself beginning with each letter of your middle name. If you don't have a middle name, use your maiden name or your mother's maiden name.

3. At the end of your blog post, tag one person (or blogger of another species) for each letter of your middle name. Be sure to leave them a comment telling them they've been tagged.

My middle name is GRACE, the middle name of my great-grandmother who helped raise my mother.

G: Sadly, I don’t live up to my middle name. I’m not very graceful. But I’ve been told recently that I have quite a distinctive walk, one I like to think borders on graceful.

R: I have a racy sense of humor. I’m proud to admit that things I’ve said have shocked and embarrassed some of my male buddies — and those cohorts are not weak of heart or humor. (Bet you thought I’d go all R.E.M. on you here, huh? This girl is full of surprises.)

A: I’m an Atlanta native — which is impressive only to those living in this huge metropolitan area since they know how rare Atlantans in Atlanta can be.

C: I love going to concerts. (Wow. Revealing little-known facts about myself is liberating.) In fact, I plan to hit at least five of R.E.M.’s seven East Coast shows in June. Evil Genius is gonna dance the DC grass flat with me; anyone else want to join me? (C’mon, you knew I’d work in R.E.M. anyway.)

E: I have an exuberant personality. I tend to absolutely love and adore things, or abhor them. Imagine freckled arms flailing as I rave about a song, or a person, or the swirl currently in front of me.


Now I tag five graceful bloggers:

  • Bad Tempered Zombie’s Barbara

  • Eskimo Bliss’s Eskimokiss

  • The Girl with Moxie’s Moxie spelled it out

  • It’s a Pug’s Life’s Marni spelled it out

  • Prone to Whimsy’s Flannery


  • Spill, girls.

    * * * * * *

    Labels: , , ,

    10 Comments:

    At 3/17/2008 01:21:00 PM, Blogger Moxie said...

    Before I even scrolled down I had a feeling you were gonna tag me. I'll get right on this while I feel motivated to do it!

     
    At 3/17/2008 01:26:00 PM, Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

    I dunno, you struck me as being fairly graceful.

     
    At 3/17/2008 01:45:00 PM, Blogger Feisty Democrat said...

    You let work interrupt your blogging? What is wrong with you? Get your priorities straight, lady!

     
    At 3/17/2008 02:31:00 PM, Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

    You have so much inner grace that you don't need to be able to walk without wiping out, for us to be utterly smitten with you.

    I love that you can make the boys blush, and am chuffed to be tagged.

     
    At 3/17/2008 03:19:00 PM, Blogger Boldly Serving Up Wheat Grass said...

    Looking forward to your meme-week!

     
    At 3/17/2008 03:24:00 PM, Blogger Moxie said...

    My contribution is here. Knock yourself out!

     
    At 3/17/2008 03:32:00 PM, Blogger paperback reader said...

    Since I don't have $5,000 or much of an interest in R.E.M., I don't plan on showing up there, but if you're around for more than the rock show in D.C., I'll sit and complain about things somewhere.

     
    At 3/18/2008 12:17:00 AM, Blogger thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

    Oh, man, I could never do this one. But that's just because I seldom reveal my middle name.

     
    At 3/19/2008 06:02:00 PM, Blogger Cup said...

    MOXIE: I thought it might light a fire undering your blogging ass ...

    WRITE PROCRASTINATOR: I was counting steps when we got together. Didn't want you to see me fall flat on my face like a tree*.

    MATHDUDE: Shameful, isn't it? My priorities are so out of whack.

    BARBARA BRUEDERLIN: You are the bestest, Barbarest. Can't wait to read your tag response.





    * A much-too-common occurence.

     
    At 3/19/2008 06:04:00 PM, Blogger Cup said...

    BLOWING SHIT UP WITH GAS: I hope you're enjoying it.

    MOXIE: And I loved it!

    PISTOLS AT DAWN: I'll buy the beers, you bring the complaints.

    THIRD WORST POET IN THE GALAXY: Make up a middle name. Mildred could be fun.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    View My Stats