12 March 2008

Take That, Technorati!

While it really shouldn’t matter, we bloggers let it bug the hell out of us — those plummeting authority numbers, those digits that make us feel popular in the blogworld. Technorati changed their rating formula so that long-time blogroll position points drop off after twelve months. To fight back (and get Monkey Mucker-like authority rankings), many bloggers are posting their blogrolls.

Today’s my day.

If you haven’t taken the time to click and read from my blogroll, blow off some valuable office hours now and check out these great writers. There are some newbies here well work the bookmark.

All the Way from Oy to Vey
All Things Dan
Anandamide
Baby Got Books
Bad Tempered Zombie
Barista Brat
Beginning to Bird
Better Living Through Bacon
Bliss and Bile
Blowing Sh*t up With Gas
Cello, Et Cetera
Chancelucky
Chez Béziat
Coaster Punchman's World
Coffeypot
Crabapple Cove
A Daily Dose of ...
Dating Rules for Sitcoms
Din of Inequity
Distributorcap NY
Eating Chicken Vindaloo
Eclectic Tales
Erik's Choice
Eskimo Bliss
Everything Is Pop, Pop Is Everything
Flying Buttresses
Fonzie Sox
The Future Is Now
Georgia on My Mind
Gifted Typist
The Girl with Moxie
Give Me My Blue Blanket!
God's Own Suburb
Grabbing Sand
Grant Miller Media
Haahnster's Hallucinations
Here Comes Johnny Yen Again
Hunting the Horny Back Toad
I, Splotchy
The Imaginative Universal
In Blue Ink
In Her Shell
Intravenus de Milo
Invisible Lizard's Unusual Oranges
It's a Pug's Life
Jintrinsique Unplugged
KatBox
Kat. Heel. Well.
KulturFluff
Lame Stuff
Land-o-Lulu
Looking for Taller
Me and George W
Melinda June
Mellow Like Jello
Michael on Fargo
The Midnight Cafe
A Million Miles Away
Modern Day Hobo
Monkey Muck
Mother Goldstein
My Head Is a Box Filled with Nothing
The New & Used Records Pop Culture Blog
Passion of the Dale
Pezda's Ghost
Politits
Pop Culture Dish, Presented by Malcolm
The Pop Eye
Prone to Whimsy
Rants Raves Life and Anything Else That Comes
Reject the Kool-Aid
Ribbed for Your Pleasure
The Road Goes on Forever
Roaming in the Gloaming
Rocket Radio
Savage Distortion
Save Your Generation
Scrivenings
The Shanghai Cafe
The Simarco Letters
Sobrietyland
Social Zymurgy: The Culture of Beer
Some Days It's Not Worth Chewing Through the Leather Straps
Some Guy's Blog
Sprawling Ramshackle Compound
Str8jacket
Tanya Espanya
Tenacious S
This Too Shall Pass
Thus Spake Drake
Tongue-tied Lightning
The Unending Journey of the Wandering Author
Unrescuable Schizo
Wapentake
Whatever Works Is Good
What I Like About the Universe
When Will I Use This?
Wiggity Whack?
The World According to Zed
Write Procrastinator
The Yellow Stereo
Yawp

* * * * * *

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

At 3/12/2008 07:30:00 PM, Blogger thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

I have Technorati... and it always makes me feel unloved. :(

 
At 3/12/2008 08:01:00 PM, Blogger Dale said...

It's a different kind of Techno isn't it?

 
At 3/12/2008 10:21:00 PM, Blogger Artful Dodger said...

I so need to update my blogroll. I think I will work on that tonight. Thanks for the honorable mention.

 
At 3/12/2008 11:01:00 PM, Blogger lulu said...

I don't care so much about technorati, but I do check my site meter at least 3 times a day.

 
At 3/13/2008 07:52:00 AM, Blogger Gifted Typist said...

We're all members of the Technorazzi

 
At 3/13/2008 09:20:00 AM, Blogger Allison said...

Guess I'm out of the loop with this Technorati business, but you've reminded me I need to update my blogroll!

 
At 3/13/2008 10:46:00 AM, Blogger Some Guy said...

Thanks, Beth! I know it's been a while since I've left a comment, but I wanted you to know you're still one of my daily visits.

 
At 3/13/2008 12:28:00 PM, Blogger Tony Alva said...

Holy smokes you read a lot of blogs!!! You must have a job like my brother and I have.

It's tough not to get caught up in the whole counting page view thing, but I've avoided it so far and my three year aniversary is coming soon at Intravenus De Milo.

I just dig the whole meeting new people aspect of it all. Glad to be part of it!

 
At 3/13/2008 12:51:00 PM, Blogger SkylersDad said...

I am so proud to have the longest blog title, I am getting all choked up...

 
At 3/13/2008 02:55:00 PM, Blogger Pezda's Ghost said...

I left all that materialistic stuff behind when my old blog died. I haven't checked or reinstalled any site metering.

 
At 3/13/2008 09:44:00 PM, Blogger Moxie said...

Thanks for the shout, doll. I have been so preoccupied with being anxious about various and sundry things that I have not done much with the blog. Guess if I did that I wouldn't have time to be anxious.

 
At 3/16/2008 10:27:00 PM, Blogger Scott said...

Great idea... I should do this too!

 
At 3/28/2008 12:51:00 PM, Blogger katrocket said...

Thanks Beth - I need to do this too. I have no idea how the Technorati formula works, but they always manage to make me feel like a loser on the downslide.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats