25 June 2008

What's the Frequency, Coffey?

Quick report: Saturday's R.E.M. show was beyond amazing. I've written a full blog post — in my head — but have yet to find the time to put fingers to keyboard. Look for a full report (with groovy pix) in the coming days.
The kids in the R.E.M. office think it was an amazing show, too. According to REMHQ.com:

R.E.M. Returns Home in Style

R.E.M. ripped through a muscular 27-song set Saturday at Atlanta's Lakewood Amphitheatre on a balmy Georgia night, the last of the sixteen dates on the band's North American leg of their current world tour. It was arguably the finest show on a tour replete with stellar performances and highlights. The near capacity crowd, teeming with friends and family, witnessed a band at the top of its game, blending high energy rock, including a generous helping of the high-octane tracks from ACCELERATE, with some of the more poignant numbers from their vast catalog of songs — Time After Time, Let Me In, and Nightswimming.

For those who cannot wait, here's the setlist:

These Days
Living Well Is the Best Revenge
So Fast, So Numb
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Time After Time
Driver 8
Man-Sized Wreath
Walk Unafraid
Hollow Man
Ignoreland
Houston
Electrolite
(Don’t Go Back to) Rockville
Auctioneer
Harborcoat
The One I Love
I've Been High
Let Me In
Bad Day
Horse to Water
Orange Crush
I'm Gonna DJ

Encore:
Supernatural Superserious
Losing My Religion
Pretty Persuasion
Nightswimming
Fall on Me (w/ Johnny Marr)
Man on the Moon (w/ Johnny Marr)

Brilliant set of songs, huh? Just wait until you can read my gushing, workshipful review of the show.

* * * * * *

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

At 6/25/2008 01:51:00 PM, Blogger Fran said...

Oh my- I keep checking my reader and wondering "when will Beth review???"

I was beginning to worry, so thanks for this.

I hang on your every word!

 
At 6/25/2008 02:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry I missed this show. I'm so glad you got to go!

 
At 6/25/2008 10:58:00 PM, Blogger Sean Wraight said...

Amazing setlist Beth. You must have been beside yourself when Johnny Marr came out. Did you have a favourite though? The one song that really stood out to you?

Looking forward to your full assessment!

s

 
At 6/26/2008 11:08:00 AM, Blogger KK said...

wonderful set list. I'm sure they just rocked! Very jealous.

 
At 6/26/2008 11:40:00 AM, Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Johnny Marr was there too? Fabulous!

I was beginning to suspect that you had run away with the band, so it's good to hear that you kept your wits about you. Looking forward to the full menu review!

 
At 6/26/2008 10:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy crap you got your money's worth it looks like!

 
At 6/27/2008 11:15:00 AM, Blogger Dale said...

Great set list, glad it was spectacular!

 
At 6/27/2008 12:15:00 PM, Blogger Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

So you liked the show? Do you thik this band of theirs will stick around for awhile?

 
At 6/29/2008 10:37:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

In our younger days Dcup and I would have gone to this show. Looks like a great play list.

 
At 6/29/2008 05:00:00 PM, Blogger Tenacious S said...

They played "Pilgrimage" at the show we saw and I thought my boss was having an epileptic seizure. Any night that includes Pretty Persuasion is an A+ in my book.

 
At 6/29/2008 06:21:00 PM, Blogger Gifted Typist said...

Fantastic Beth, so glad it made ja happy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats