01 April 2008

Accelerate My Heart

Yeah, okay, maybe the title reeks of hyperbole. But just a little. I haven’t been this excited about a new R.E.M. album since New Adventures in Hi-Fi was released in the fall of 1996.

And today I get to hold Accelerate in my excited little hands!

No more online streaming. The end of leaked MP3s. I’ve downloaded my preordered iTunes, counted down the minutes to the CD clasp. Every moment not spent in meetings will be spent groovin’ to the album.

And I’m gonna rawk!

It’s a short album — but, oh, what my boys can do in thirtysomething minutes. Some say it's a return to the Document days. I think my boys have finally gotten over Bill Berry leaving, and they're having fun playing together again.

Join me in the Accelerate celebration. I hope you caught their interview with Anthony Mason on “Sunday Morning” over the weekend; it was a good interview. R.E.M. is performing on “The Today Show” this morning (which I’ll miss, seeing as I work hard for the money). They’re also scheduled to be on “The Colbert Report” tomorrow night — the first time a band has performed on the show.


Yeah, yeah. Chris Funk battled guitars with Colbert a year or so ago — but it wasn’t the full Decemberists lineup.

It’s going to be a week of R.E.M. An announcement, a love song of sorts, some trivia, great tunes.

Damn, I am one happy girl today.

* * * * * *

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

At 4/01/2008 08:00:00 AM, Blogger Malcolm said...

Damn, I wish I had known R.E.M. was going to be on "The Today Show". Maybe I can catch the performance on You Tube at some point.

 
At 4/01/2008 09:50:00 AM, Blogger BeckEye said...

You're tagged! Ha ha!

 
At 4/01/2008 10:22:00 AM, Blogger chez bez said...

It's such a great album. It may be short but I just put it on repeat and listen to it over an over again.

 
At 4/01/2008 12:13:00 PM, Blogger Feisty Democrat said...

Wait, are you saying you like or don't like REM. Your postings are a little vague. Please clarify.

 
At 4/01/2008 12:16:00 PM, Blogger Feisty Democrat said...

I guess you didn't hear the news that REM in none other than Cheap Trick guitarist Rick Nielson for the tour, did you? Pretty cool, huh?

 
At 4/01/2008 01:25:00 PM, Blogger KK said...

They've been rocking on Sirius Channel 18 all week!!!

A whole radio staion dedicated to REM.

I'm diggin' it!

 
At 4/01/2008 04:58:00 PM, Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Colbert cheated on that guitar god contest! Chris Funk totally rocked his tyrollean hat.

Even the newspaper album reviews are agreeing with you on the quality of the new REM. So there.

 
At 4/01/2008 05:46:00 PM, Blogger Feisty Democrat said...

Blah, I caught it from you C-Cup. I don't know what I was writing before, but April Fool - Rick Nielson is not touring with REM!

 
At 4/01/2008 08:07:00 PM, Blogger Mountjoy said...

Sitting back and reading the passion you are feeling about this release is pretty darn cool.

As silly as it sounds, I'm really happy for you.

 
At 4/01/2008 09:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's the clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q79iFXJTNlU

 
At 4/02/2008 02:09:00 PM, Blogger paperback reader said...

Enjoy it, miss - I can't remember the last time I was excited for a new CD.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats