17 October 2008

The One Wonders Meme

Fellow metro Atlantan Mathman6293 tagged me for an interesting meme: answering one-word questions. I need to get back in blogging shape, so let’s go, Number One!

1. Clothes: Whenever I’m in public, absolutely. At home, maybe. Oh, you mean where do I get them? Wherever a display grabs my attention. I’m more of a visual shopper, less of a label one.

2. Furniture: As with clothes, wherever something strikes my fantasy.

3. Sweet: If I’m slugging at home, it’s Häagen-Dazs’ Vanilla Swiss Almond with hot fudge sauce or Magic Shell. If I’m out, whatever sounds most decadent and gooey.

4. City: San Francisco, with Paris and New York City very close behind.

5. Drink: Since Coaster Punchman’s visit, I’ve been hung up on grapefruit margaritas. I guess I’m not ready to stop reliving that magical night.

6. Music: It’s my reason for living. Here’s a little secret: R.E.M. is my favorite band evah.

7. TV Series: Pushing Daisies

8. Film: I can’t pick just one, so here are some of my favorites: An Affair to Remember, Diva, Wings of Desire, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Amelie, Bridget Jones' Diary, Hedwig and the Angry Inch, Harold and Maude, Parting Glances, All About Eve, The Evil Dead trilogy, The Women (the original), The Philadephia Story, Truly Madly Deeply

9. Workout: Lately, my most vigorous workouts have been chair-dancing at my desk at work. I’m starting a new vigorous regimen in a couple weeks, though.

10. Pastries: The chocolate croissants at the DeKalb Farmers Market — they’re perfect.

11. Coffee: Strong dark roast (preferably French), black. If I hit Java Monkey on my way to work, it’s a 16-ounce skim latte with an extra shot.


And now the 1s I’m tapping:

Eebie at Modern Day Hobo has one-upped!
Red at What I Like About the Universe has cussed me and one-upped!
Skyler’s Dad at Some Days It’s Not Worth … has one-upped!
Pagan at The Pagan Sphinx has one-upped!
Mathdude at Eating Chicken Vindaloo has finally one-upped!

* * * * * *

Labels: , ,

16 Comments:

At 10/17/2008 06:44:00 PM, Blogger Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

REM? Really? I never knew they were your fave. :)

 
At 10/17/2008 06:44:00 PM, Blogger Distributorcap said...

now where can i get a grapefruit margarita?

 
At 10/17/2008 07:17:00 PM, Blogger SkylersDad said...

Thanks a lot, now I have to think, and you know I don't like that!

Away I go to the Bat-cave to type stuff...

 
At 10/17/2008 10:51:00 PM, Blogger Red said...

Excellent taste in movies! As you may know, my blog name comes from _The Philadelphia Story_.

 
At 10/17/2008 11:07:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Beth, Glad you could play along. I have never been called anything close to an Atlantan before but I realized that it is true when we visited UGA and we were part of a small group of Georgians on the tour. Thumbs up for the instate tuition and the Hope scholarship.

 
At 10/17/2008 11:14:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll take a chocolate croissant with a side of Haagen Daz. Please.

 
At 10/18/2008 01:52:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

heehee-- your workout-- reminds me of the 80's PBS show-- came on in the afternoon-- this young lady that did workouts for senior adults, she stayed in her chair and did windmills, and leg lifts, etc -- all from her chair.

My girls used to watch her and did the same workouts with her--CRAAZZZYYY!! TIna

 
At 10/18/2008 10:41:00 AM, Blogger SkylersDad said...

It's up!

 
At 10/18/2008 11:48:00 AM, Blogger paperback reader said...

I like all posts where the responses are way longer than the questions, because it makes me feel like I'm not the only overly verbose person in the world.

 
At 10/18/2008 12:11:00 PM, Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

I would never in a million years have guessed that you were a music lover, let alone an REM fan. You keep us constantly amazed.

 
At 10/18/2008 01:29:00 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Is it me, or was Pistols' comment awfully brief?

 
At 10/18/2008 06:00:00 PM, Blogger Eebie said...

I'm in the same boat with workouts. Blah:-p

I'm done, I've posted! eebie

 
At 10/19/2008 01:20:00 AM, Blogger Erik Donald France said...

Good answers!

Movies -- all good. REM, of course, too. Coffee -- how 'bout Italian roast on a par with French?
So it seems to me, anyway.

 
At 10/20/2008 02:06:00 PM, Blogger Gifted Typist said...

Great meme, great answers you wit meister you

 
At 10/20/2008 07:33:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ok, Beth. I did the meme. So you'd better come over and comment, since probably no one else will! ;-)

 
At 10/21/2008 08:33:00 AM, Blogger Coaster Punchman said...

I'm impressed the grapefruit margies haven't scared you away permanently!

You have quite the eclectic taste in movies. (I mean that as a compliment.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats