14 May 2007

Wordy Rappinghood

No, I haven’t been engulfed by Okefenoke wildfires, or run off with the pool boy, or “followed” R.E.M. to Vancouver to take advantage of major stalking opportunities. I’ve just been swamped at work. About 70 percent of my job involves writing, and I’ve written nearly 8,000 corporate words since May 1. I just can’t muster up the energy to blog (or read blogs) when I’m home … which, in itself, is a rarity, as my dance card is filled these days.

I’ve written some great posts … in my head. Too bad y’all can’t peek beyond the wild black locks. Maybe I’ll get them down on keyboard and screen in the next week. Maybe.

* * * * *

I get a kick out of Jane Fonda. Still damn sexy, and being nearly seventy hasn’t slowed down her flirty li’l self. (Have you seen either of her sizzlin' appearances on “The Colbert Report”? I'd crawl up in his lap, too, if given the opportunity.) Plus, Jane lives in Atlanta, so she gets two more points on the Cup Coolness Chart. (And isn't her haircut adorable?)

Jane hosted the world premiere of her new movie, “Georgia Rule,” in Atlanta last week to benefit her favorite charitable organization, the Georgia Campaign for Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention. During the benefit auction, she bid $100,000 for a weeklong trip to her “favorite ex” Ted’s Argentinean ranch. When she won the trip, she told Turner — and the rest of the crowd at Symphony Hall — “See what I’ll do to keep other people out of your bed?”

Jane’s my flirtin’ hero.

* * * * *

Have you seen the commercial for some bag o’ nuts, the one that claims when you get that 3 p.m. crash, Robert Goulet comes in and messes with your stuff? Maybe my brain is drained from the recent word output, but I giggle every damn time I see the commercial. I’ve started using Goulet as my excuse at work.

* * * * *

I believe a couple of you asked for five questions during my latest e-disappearance. Promise I’ll get them to you by Wednesday, if you’re still interested in an interview.

I was in Grant Miller’s dream. I feel special ... and a little dirty ... and I kind of like that feeling. For the sordid details, read the comments to the previous post.

Thanks to those who e-mailed and checked on me. You like me, you really like me!

And now I must sign off to read the backlog of your blogs …

* * * * *

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

24 Comments:

At 5/15/2007 09:23:00 AM, Blogger Splotchy said...

Glad to hear you're among the living.

 
At 5/15/2007 09:55:00 AM, Blogger Coaster Punchman said...

Welcome home. I was about getting ready to email you myself. Your interview with me is up, somewhere in the deep recesses of CPW.

 
At 5/15/2007 11:49:00 AM, Blogger KK said...

Welcome back to the land of those not too busy to waste our time and p-s-y-k-i-c-k energy on the computer while at work!!

 
At 5/15/2007 12:50:00 PM, Blogger Tanya Espanya said...

Welcome back, dork.

:)

 
At 5/15/2007 01:34:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, i didn't realize you liked to flirt.

 
At 5/15/2007 02:49:00 PM, Blogger Artful Dodger said...

Don't worry. We know how you feel about being too tired to post. We forgive ya. :P Hey I saw Jane Fonda on that Marlon Brando special on TCM. Interesting hat she wore.

 
At 5/15/2007 04:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...when you get that 3 p.m. crash, Robert Goulet comes in and messes with your stuff?"

eh?

'k I'm so not apologizing for Leo Sayer or John Denver references evah again :P

Welcome back to teh blogosphere!

& Vancouver is very close...we could be there! (but alas, it is also rather large)

 
At 5/15/2007 10:58:00 PM, Blogger Tenacious S said...

There you are! While you were gone I out-dorked you. See what happens when you don't pay attention?

 
At 5/15/2007 11:10:00 PM, Blogger mellowlee said...

Glad to see a post from you lady :O) I hope you have more time for blogging soon. Jane Fonda is rather cool! Did you see Monster In Law? I wasn't crazy about the movie itself, but her character killed me!

 
At 5/16/2007 12:04:00 AM, Blogger chelene said...

Welcome back, B. I hear Jane also took Miss Lindsay Lohan to task. She rocks.

 
At 5/16/2007 12:57:00 AM, Blogger The Wandering Author said...

8,000 corporate words in two weeks? Ouch! I think I've written more than 8,000 words in that time, but it was for my blog. That makes all the difference. :-D

 
At 5/16/2007 07:08:00 AM, Blogger Marni said...

Hey, cuz... glad you are back...

 
At 5/16/2007 07:36:00 AM, Blogger haahnster said...

Jane Fonda is HAWT!!!

How many of those 8,000 words were "leverage" or "synergy" or "robust" or "cascade"?

 
At 5/16/2007 03:49:00 PM, Blogger Moderator said...

Thank you for generating this sustainable and user-centric post. Perhaps in the future you can integrate more practical applications and show you are a team leader and valued individual contributor.

 
At 5/16/2007 07:52:00 PM, Blogger Dale said...

I want to see Francine Reed! Do you think you'll get to go? Lyle & k.d. would be cool too.

Welcome back and forth again.

 
At 5/16/2007 08:11:00 PM, Blogger Cup said...

SPLOTCHY: So am I! And I'm trying to find time to go through my boxes o' vinyl for that Method Actors album, so stay tuned.

COASTER PUNCHMAN: I'll click over and read the Q&A tonight. And you can e-mail me any time.

KEITH KENNEDY: I wish I could waste those valuable corporate hours ... but somebody has to 'plain the new postal regulations.

TANYA ESPANYA: Thank you, preggers.

M: It's a shocker, isn't it? I try to hide that side of myself.

 
At 5/16/2007 08:15:00 PM, Blogger Cup said...

ARTFUL DODGER: Now I want to watch the Brando show just to see her hat ...

GLASSMEOW: Have you seen the Robert Goulet commercial? It's a hoot. Sorry, but Leo Sayer still earns a mock. And I had that album in high school, so I know of what I speak.

TEN S: NO! You out-dorked me? I need to hit your blog now.

MELLOWLEE: I didn't see Monster-in-Law, but I considered it for Jane. And Wanda Sykes.

CHELENE: Jane and Felicity Huffman made some jokes about the LL-tasking at the Atlanta premiere. That's so cool.

 
At 5/16/2007 08:17:00 PM, Blogger Cup said...

WANDERING AUTHOR: While I enjoy my job and the creativity I'm allowed ... they're still 8,000 corporate words.

MARNI: Thanks, cuz.

HAAHNSTER: I am editor and The Authority in our corporate world, and therefore we never "leverage" or "synergy" or "robust" or "cascade." You'd be proud of my simple, straightforward lingo.

GRANT MILLER: You'd be proud to see how integrated a team player I am.

DALE: I'm definitely going to see Ms. Reed. I'll leave a ticket for you at the door. It's a very small club, so it will be worth the air fare.

 
At 5/16/2007 08:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm hoping to see the Goulet commerical. Haven't yet.

DiscoLeo is definitely something best let die a quiet death, but give the man a little credit for writing a hit single ("Giving it all Away" 1973) for Roger Daltrey and for "Long Tall Glasses" (which again, should stay in the 70's, but had a certain appeal).

Everybody our age had that album in high school - mock away!

 
At 5/17/2007 11:33:00 AM, Blogger Johnny Yen said...

Glad you're back!

Jane Fonda is hot. I remember as a younger guy seeing a picture of her in her Babarella outfit. Hmmmmmmm...

I have seen the Goulet nut commercial, and loved it. Have you ever seen the Bill Murray movie Scrooged? Robert Goulet has a hilarious little cameo, in an ad for "Robert Goulet's Cajun Christmas."

 
At 5/18/2007 12:44:00 AM, Blogger Joe said...

I just love saying

"Robert Goulet"

Can't wait to see the commercial

 
At 5/19/2007 03:53:00 AM, Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

I really have to learn RSS so I can be here for the updates. Fonda's appearance was something else and isn't this the second time she's broken his character's facade?

Goulet? Between the Emerald Nuts ad, his appearance on Triumph The Insult Comic's show and this outstanding version of "My Green Tambourine" that he did for this kid's series four years ago, the man can do no absolutely no wrong.

 
At 5/20/2007 09:08:00 PM, Blogger mellowlee said...

I just watched this Clip of Monster In Law On Youtube. I think it's the best part of the movie :O)

 
At 5/22/2007 10:28:00 AM, Blogger Old Lady said...

Life has it ebbs and flows ya know.

Yarrr!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats